Savor the flavors of everyday real food, fresh from the garden or stored on your pantry shelves.
As I was racking my brain trying to think of a way to use all these blueberries as I was sipping my homemade blueberry milk, I thought for a moment, said “Huzzah!” and I got to work on this recipe. It has a tinge of extra sweetness, and its coloring is quite unique.
• 1 standard 8-1/2 inch x 4-1/2 inch loaf pan
• 1 large mixing bowl
• 1 wooden spoon
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup blueberry milk
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
• 3 tablespoons agave nectar
• 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2-1/4 teaspoon (1 packet) yeast
1. Combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and stir until there are no dry spots visible. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap of a towel and let it sit for about an hour.
2. After it has risen, remove the dough and place it in the greased loaf pan. Cover and let it rise for another hour.
3. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Once the loaf has successfully risen, place it in the oven for 35 minutes.
4. When time is up, remove the pan from the oven and the loaf from the pan. You will know it’s done by tapping the bottom of the loaf and hearing a hollow sound.
5. Place loaf on cooling rack for approximately ten minutes. Note: The baking process is not complete until the cooling process has been completed.
All MOTHER EARTH NEWS community bloggers have agreed to follow our Blogging Guidelines, and they are responsible for the accuracy of their posts. To learn more about the author of this post, click on their byline link at the top of the page.