By Tabitha Alterman
Happy All Hallow's Eve, folks. Tis the season to celebrate pumpkin beer, and here are some ideas to get your mouth a-waterin'.
From the crew over at Beer America TV:
Pumpkin love continues, but this time with a twist, it's not an ale but a lager, the only one of its kind in the world! Lakefront Brewing gets a look and a taste with their Lakefront Pumpkin Lager. We also drop some knowledge about one of America's Founding Fathers.
* Some intrepid brewers make their pumpkin beer ... imagine this! ... INSIDE A PUMPKIN. Check out this slideshow: Brewing in a Pumpkin.
* Read about that "experiment" in more detail in Pumpkin to Tunkin: Last Call
* One of those intrepid brewers is a contributing writer for Mother Earth News. Read his latest article: Brew Your Own Beer
Also of seasonal interest:
* Make Your Own Hard Cider
* Those Beer America guys also took a look at Sam Adams Octoberfest.
Now, I drink pumpkin beer! Here are the brews from my neck of the woods that I'm planning to try this weekend:
* Brooklyn Brewery Post Road Pumpkin Ale (New York)
* Greenpoint Beer Works/Heartland Brewery Smiling Pumpkin Ale (New York)
* Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale (New Hampshire)
But what about you???
Yes, you should try some pumpkin brew too. Drop a note about your favorites in the comments section below.
Ready ... Set ... Go!