When it's time to paint, old plastic shower curtains work very well as drop cloths.
ILLUSTRATION: WICHITTRA SRISUNON/FOTOLIA
Rather than throwing out plastic shower curtains when they’re no longer fit for the shower, try one of these creative reuses:
- Drop cloths for painting
- Tarps to cover firewood piles or anything else you don’t want to get wet
- Arts and crafts table cover
- Ground cloth for gardening or working on the car
- Protection for your car’s seats or trunk from dirty bags of manure, plants, muddy boots, etc.
- Family-size poncho
- Mini-greenhouse or cold frame for the garden. Build a frame with plastic pipe or scrap wood, and drape the curtain over it. Use stakes to secure it to the ground.
- Killer of particularly bothersome weeds. Stake the shower curtain to the ground, and cover with mulch and attractive potted plants. After a few months, you can pull the corners up to form a bag around the mulch, and move it to another location in your yard.