1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
2. Entry Period: "Mother Earth News Composting Toilet Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:01:01 AM (ET) on January 17, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 26, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3. Eligibility: Participants must be legal residents of the United States, and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families, i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Ogden Publications, Inc. and its affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
Official Rules available at: http://www.motherearthnews.com/official-rules-Natures-Head.aspx
4. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants can receive one (1) valid Sweepstakes entry by completing the Sweepstakes registration form found at http://www.motherearthnews.com/sweeps.aspx?qnrName=SWP_ME19&id=2147510130. Each Sweepstakes registration form will require the following basic personal information: first name, last name, mailing address, city, state, zip, phone number (with area code first), and email address. All required fields must be completed in order for an entry to be eligible. Each properly completed and received registration form will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. Limit (1) entry per person. If more than one entry per person is submitted only one entry will be eligible. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter sweepstakes is prohibited. Once submitted, an Online Entry cannot be deleted, canceled, amended or modified. Enter using only an email address subscribed and registered in your name. In the event of a dispute as to Online Entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account, subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder in order to claim a prize. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Winner Selection: One Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received, on or about March 27, 2013, or within a reasonable time thereafter. Winners will be responsible for all U.S. and State taxes and/or fees. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent of prizes permitted. Shipping fees within the U.S. is included in the prize package. Winner will be notified by email.
- Nature’s Head Self-Contained Composting Toilet $875.00
Total Estimated Retail Value (including shipping): $910
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The Sponsor will require the Grand Prize Winner to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity to assure compliance with these Promotion rules. The Grand Prize Winner must execute the documentation by fax and/or mail within 7 days at the time of prize notification or an alternate winner will be selected. By signing the Affidavit of Eligibility, the Grand Prize Winner gives the Sponsor full rights to use: the winner's name, hometown, and photograph or likeness in connection with the winning entry and this Promotion for all publicity purposes, Internet/Web site promotion, and/or trade purposes, without further compensation. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Prize Winner will be notified by email.
7. General Prize Terms: The value of Prizes may be taxable to Prize Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winners' responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prizes as described herein. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sponsor's Web site and the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by the Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by the Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and will result in disqualification of all such entries. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor, and hereby acknowledge that said Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
9. WINNERS LIST: To review the names of winners, please visit http://www.motherearthnews.com/ogden-contest-winners.aspx.
10. OFFICIAL RULES BY MAIL: For your own copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to "Mother Earth News Composting Toilet Giveaway," 1503 SW 42nd Street, Topeka, KS 66609.
11. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by OGDEN PUBLICATIONS, INC., 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609.