Let Us Help You Organize a Community Seed Swap
Want to organize a seed and plant swap event for your community? MOTHER EARTH NEWS will help! If you send us an announcement about your event at least three weeks in advance, along with a list of your local ZIP codes, we will relay the announcement to other MOTHER EARTH NEWS readers living in your area.
What You Need to Do
Email OrganicGardening@MotherEarthNews.com with the subject line COMMUNITY SEED SWAP, and include the following information:
1. Event Date and Time
2. Event Location
If you like, you may include a link to an online map.
3. Event Organizer’s Name and Contact Information
Note: This contact information will be included in the email announcement that we send out.
4. List of ZIP Codes
Check your local phone book or the USPS ZIP code finder to find the ones you’d like us to send the announcement to.
5. Announcement Text
If you or your organization has a website with more information about this event, you might want to include a link.
Resources to Help With Your Swap
- To learn more about the benefits of community seed swaps, see Swap Seeds This Season.
- For tips on setting up a seed swap, see How to Organize a Community Seed Swap.
- Please feel free to take printouts of any MOTHER EARTH NEWS gardening articles to your event to hand out. Here are a few we recommend highly:
* Savvy Seed Care
* Seed-starting Basics
* Grow Your Own Seeds
* Best Seeds for a Bigger, Better Garden
* Seed Starting Made Simple