New Directions Radio: Ray Martin's Methane Power Generator
Copthorne Macdonald shares information on Ray Martin's methane gas generator and homesteading in Texas, and the future hamfest schedule.
New Directions Radio is an international network of radio amateurs concerned with those ways of using ham radio (and related modes of communicating) that promote our own growth as individuals, and which we perceive as helping to create a more aware, more caring, and more responsible human society.
PHOTO: MOTHER EARTH NEWS STAFF
7 1/2 hp might seem very small, but all units are not used al the time. The load is staggered between alternator and air compressor. The air compressor has an output of 3.5 cu. ft. per minute. It only runs about 20% of the time, leaving just the alternator for the engine to power the remaining 80%. The waste heat generated by this rig is ""free"", so to speak, since it represents no load on the engine. (The air compresor is an old York refrigeration compressor.)