News about the health and beauty of the natural world that sustains us.
The following are blog posts that I’ve written that provide information and links related to energy, power, fuel, and/or climate change—with a strong focus on solutions.
These posts are the most directly related to such topics:
- Tips for Saving Energy
- Solar Generators: Clean, Quiet, Portable Power
- Electric Motorcycles, Scooters, Trikes, and Other 2-Wheeled and 3-Wheeled Alternative Vehicles
- Net-Zero-Energy and “Passive” Homes: New Resources
- ENERGY STAR Products for Homes and Businesses
- Green Tax Credits, Rebates, and Other Financial Incentives
- Resilience: Disaster-Resistance, Adaptation, and Restoration
- Films on Green Topics, 2012-2014
- Films with Green Themes, 2006-2011
- Fuel-Focused Films and Climactic Climate Cinema
And these posts are also related to energy and climate issues, in ways that might be less obvious but are equally important:
- Sustainable Food, Agriculture, Farming, and Gardening-Related Resources
- Tips for Conserving Water
- Switch to High-Efficiency Plumbing Fixtures to Save Water, Energy, and Money
- Green Curricula and Environmental Learning Activities
- Vote for Our Environment
- Green Business, Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethical Finance, and Sustainable Economies
- Beneficial Businesses: Top B Corps of 2014
- Benefit Corporations and B Corps: Businesses for the Common Good
- Green Goods: Beneficial Products and Gifts
- Green Gifts
- Modular, Prefab, and Compact Options for Green Homes and Structures
- 13 Super-Green Buildings
- Location, Location, Location: How to choose a sustainable place to live / build a home
- Model Sustainable Neighborhoods: LEED ND Developments in the U.S., Canada, and China
- Sustainable Neighborhoods and Communities: Certifications, developments, organizations, and websites
- Green Schools: Resources and Links
- Green Building Information: Recent and Future Posts
In the future, I will also be writing posts on fossil fuel divestment and renewable energy investment; local, distributed power (including zero-down solar loans, and local renewable electricity utilities); reforestation and carbon sequestration initiatives; and other important efforts to slow the progression (and mitigate the severity) of climate change.
Here are a few other online resources for information about climate change and climate solutions:
- Climate Central
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Climate Progress
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Fossil Free
- The Solutions Project
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Center for Climate Protection
- NextGen Climate
Photo from SolSolutions.
Miriam Landman is an accomplished writer, editor, and sustainability advisor with expertise in green living, green operations, and green building. For daily links to sustainable solutions and success stories, connect to her Facebook page for The Green Spotlight.
All MOTHER EARTH NEWS community bloggers have agreed to follow our Blogging Best Practices, and they are responsible for the accuracy of their posts. To learn more about the author of this post, click on the byline link at the top of the page.