For dry winter hands, try using this homemade skin mask a few times a week.
This homemade skin mask is easy to make when you need to soften and protect your skin from harsh winter conditions.
Photo courtesy The Countryman Press
If you’ve been looking for the perfect all-natural, organic shampoo, moisturizer or anti-aging serum, Natural Beauty Alchemy (The Countryman Press, 2015), by Fifi M. Maacaron, is for you. Over 100 recipes for all-natural beauty products are included, using simple ingredients like yogurt, coconut oil, oats and tea, and suitable for both beginners and experienced DIY beauty enthusiasts. The following homemade skin mask recipe is from Chapter 13, “Hand Care.”
You can purchase this book from the MOTHER EARTH NEWS store: Natural Beauty Alchemy.
This homemade skin mask is good in wintertime, when hands tend to become dry and rough. Prepare as often as needed to whiten and nourish hands.
• 4 small potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
• 1 ounce (30 ml) heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 10 drops (0.5 ml) vitamin E
1. Mix the above ingredients well until a uniform paste is formed.
2. Spread the mask on your hands and rub in well to help the fats from the cream and oil penetrate the skin.
3. Keep the skin mask on for a few minutes; then rinse off with warm water. Follow with a hand moisturizer.
Reprinted with permission from Natural Beauty Alchemy: Make Your Own Organic Cleansers, Creams, Serums, Shampoos, Balms, and More by Fifi M. Maacaron and published by The Countryman Press, 2015. Buy this book from our store: Natural Beauty Alchemy.
With more than 150 workshops, there is no shortage of informative demonstrations and lectures to educate and entertain you over the weekend.LEARN MORE