Green products, services and other announcements from green companies.
Do you need to know how to increase profits?
Consider this One-Day Workshop For Horticultural Farmers Ready To Take Steps To Improve Farm Profits. It’s a Program FOR Farmers BY Farmers
November 5, 2011, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Virginia Wesleyan College, Norfolk, Virginia
Growing good crops is not enough to make your farm economically sustainable. Learn to:
- Identify critical decisions that determine your profitability
- Price your products for appropriate markets
- Track your expenses
- Calculate profitability for your farm enterprises
- Determine true costs of your production
- Learn how to keep the right records.
Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
Virginia Association for Biological Farming
Southern Risk Management Education Center
- Jim Munsch is a long-time Wisconsin farmer and an expert in farm finances. He has helped both conventional and organic vegetable and beef producers nationwide to improve their profits. Jim specializes in whole farm profitability.
- Ellen Polishuk is a long-time Virginia vegetable grower whose farm will serve as a case study during the workshop, demonstrating real-life farm data gathering and how to use that data to make decisions that impact profitability.
There is no fee for this training. Lunch is available for $10.
Take home farmer-friendly business tools for keeping records and making decisions that affect your farm’s profit.
Pre-registration is required by October 28th.
Lodging is available at a discounted rate of $59.99 per night near meeting site.
This press release is presented without editing for your information. MOTHER EARTH NEWS does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.