High-Quality Tools for Wiser Living:
MOTHER-Tested and MOTHER-Approved
Learn about several high-quality tools recommended by MOTHER EARTH NEWS in its Tools for Wiser Living series.
By Shelley Stonebrook
Too many tools and products these days are cheaply made and won’t stand up to years of use on the homestead or in the garden. Great tools that will last a lifetime are the exception rather than the norm. So, the MOTHER EARTH NEWS editorial team is always on the lookout for sturdy, well-made, high-quality tools to recommend to readers.
Read our tool-recommendation roundups in these articles from our “Tools for Wiser Living” series.
Browse the listings in Best Garden Tools to get the scoop on these well-made products:
- The steel Rogue field hoe
- NRG’s ergonomic garden trowel
- Hustler Turf’s Zeon electric riding mower
In Quality Gardening Tools for Wiser Living, you’ll find details about a couple of great gardening tools:
- The best U-bar diggers on the market
- A powerful set of garden pruners from Florian Tools
Check out High-Quality Tools for Wiser Living to get information on:
- The Meadow Creature broadfork (we’ve been raving about this one for years)
- The Fiskars Easy-Pour watering can
Cool Tools for Wiser Living details many new products of superb quality that our Editor-in-Chief, Cheryl Long, spotted at the 2013 MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR in Puyallup, Wash. She spotlights these tools:
- Cedar Cold Frames
- The new lightweight Meadow Creature broadfork
- The Avalon cider press by Meadow Creature
- Portable chicken coops from Quail Manufacturing
- Hasegawa tripod ladders
- The Ultimate Hose Nozzle with a lifetime warranty
If you female gardeners out there are looking for well-made tools designed just for you, read our interview with Green Heron Tools in Great Farming and Gardening Tools for Women.
Do you know of any high-quality tools our readers might like? If so, please leave a comment on this page and tell us about them. We may feature your suggestions in future editions of our Tools for Wiser Living series.
Shelley Stonebrook is MOTHER EARTH NEWS magazine’s main gardening editor. She’s passionate about growing healthy, sustainable food and taking care of our environment. Follow her on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.