News about the health and beauty of the natural world that sustains us.
The following are some of my recent and most popular posts on green building, design, and home remodeling topics. All of these posts were either published on this Sustainable Solutions blog, on its sister blog (The Green Spotlight), or on my other website (MLandman.com).
- LEED Platinum Homes and Buildings: Top-Ranking States and Countries
- Green Homes: Online Case Studies and Project Profiles
- Model Sustainable Neighborhoods: LEED ND Developments in the U.S., Canada, and China
- LEED Platinum-Rated Buildings (and Homes and Offices) Worldwide
- LEED Certified Buildings (and Homes) in Northern California
- Green Buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Map of Green Buildings in San Francisco
On green products and materials:
- Water-Saving, High-Efficiency Plumbing Fixtures: Toilets, Showerheads, and Faucets
- ENERGY STAR Products for Homes and Businesses
- How to Choose Less-Toxic, Low-VOC Paints and Coatings (a brief intro)
- How to Choose Less-Toxic, Low-VOC Paints, Primers, Stains, and Coatings (4-page PDF, 120 KB download)
- Low-Cost, High-Efficiency Home Improvements and Retrofits that Pay Off
- Sustainable Neighborhoods and Communities: Initiatives, Certifications, and Developments
- Green Affordable Housing Resources: Websites and Organizations
- Location, Location, Location: How to Choose a Sustainable Place to Live or Build
- Net-Zero-Energy and “Passive” Homes: New Resources
- Green Tax Credits, Rebates, and Other Financial Incentives
- Green Schools: Resources and Links
- Kicking the Carbon Habit: How to Be Less Dependent on Oil and Other Fossil Fuels
- Don’t Let the Bed Bugs Bite: Tips for Prevention and Eradication
I’ll be adding more green home/green building posts to my blogs in coming weeks and months. Stay tuned!
Miriam Landman is an accomplished writer, editor, and sustainability advisor with expertise in green living, green building, and sustainable communities. For daily links to sustainable solutions and success stories, connect to her Facebook page for The Green Spotlight. To receive quarterly email updates from The Green Spotlight, sign up here.