Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

2 Pages 12>
Retsel Corporation :) Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:17:35 PM

Turtlehead, you used a debit card or check card. IF you used a check card, and you haven''t exceeded 60 days, you can charge it back to them. You just dispute the charge like a credit card and they have 5 days to put the money back into your account.

Steve
turtlehead
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:35:38 PM

Steve, it was a debit card. I didn''t know there was a difference between check cards and debit cards. That''s good to know.
skruzich
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:01:57 AM

Yss there is a difference between the debit card and check card. debit card is tied only to your bank. check card will have a visa or mastercard logo and is protected under 60 day dispute rules.
turtlehead
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:08:37 PM

Oh, then I have a check card! Yay!
I''ll talk to my bank and VISA and whoever answers the 1-800 number on the back. Woot Woot!
turtlehead
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:51:33 PM

Oh, then I have a check card! Yay!
I''ll talk to my bank and VISA and whoever answers the 1-800 number on the back. Woot Woot!
ajortolani
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:55:57 PM

It doesn''t matter what card you used, call the bank & report the fraud, they will get you either the product or your money back. Fraud is fraud & banks hate it, trust me, your covered.
skruzich
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:36:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cmate

It doesn''t matter what card you used, call the bank & report the fraud, they will get you either the product or your money back. Fraud is fraud & banks hate it, trust me, your covered.

Cmate its very rare for a bank to refund money lost on a debit card. Very rare. They usually tell you cavet emptor.

If you write a check and its cashed and you don''t get the product, you lose your money or take the individual to court. Debit cards are the same. The only reason a visacheck card has protection and you get your money back is because the banks have a agreement with visa/mastercard to mirror the credit card protection.
AND you don''t always get protection from a visa/mc check card. There are quite a few banks that tell you tough luck. IF you have a visa/mc check card and the banks don''t help you, you can possibly get some recourse from visa/mastercard. They can put the screws to the banks.
turtlehead
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:50:38 PM

Well the BBB sent me an email saying the case has been reviewed and forwarded to Retsel for their response. They (Retsel) have until 1 April to respond, and if no response is received then the BBB will send a second letter. I don''t know what happens after that, the email didn''t say.

I''m going to see if Retsel responds by 1 April and if they don''t I''ll still be inside the 60 day limit and I''ll call the bank then.
skruzich
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:54:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by turtlehead

Well the BBB sent me an email saying the case has been reviewed and forwarded to Retsel for their response. They (Retsel) have until 1 April to respond, and if no response is received then the BBB will send a second letter. I don''t know what happens after that, the email didn''t say.

I''m going to see if Retsel responds by 1 April and if they don''t I''ll still be inside the 60 day limit and I''ll call the bank then.

BBB is useless, they just kick them out of their little club if they don''t respond. You will have to sue them.
Peer pressure only works if their honest or solvent.
skruzich
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:57:05 PM

BTW if you used a visa check card, don''t wait, start dispute paperwork NOW. You only have 60 days in which to initiate disputes from the date of purchase.

Your dispute is going to be you never recieved the product, and after attempting a resolution with the company, you still haven''t recieved the product, and now you are unable to even contact them since they do not respond or answer their phones. That will satisfy the requirements to dispute the item according to visa rules.

(I have had to do this before about 14 months ago i bought a computer that the company would never ship. it got to 45 days and I still hadn''t recieved the computer and i disputed the charge with paypal and paypal returned my money and went after the computer company).
Garden Lad
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:16:19 PM

One reason I like using Amex for major purchases is because they act as your advocate when problems like this arise.

I''ve got to agree with Steve, though. Do not wait for other possibilities. Get your dispute on the record right now. And especially don''t depend on the BBB; they''re the next best thing to useless. The only time they even list a company as unreliable is if the company is not a BBB member. If they are a member, the company''s response is always given credence over the consumer''s complaint.
ginger71
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:53:03 PM

My checking account was charged $10 each for 2 services that I was supposed to have on a "free trial basis" via internet downloads. Since neither service turned out to be usable or wanted, I cancelled both services the next day and was assured that the money would be put back into my account within 30 days. After many phone calls, only one company refunded my money. The bank would not do anything and, in my opinion, as far as Wells Fargo is concerned, the Visa logo on the check/debit cards is for show. I contacted Visa directly and was told they couldn''t do anything for me, too bad, so sad.
The BBB is also for show. It''s like trying to sue a lawyer; another lawyer won''t do it just so they themselves won''t get sued in return. And yes, in my state, at least, there is a lawyers'' responsibility board. They won''t censure themselves.
Once in a blue moon, a doctor will denounce another doctor, but usually only after someone is dead.
I know I''m preaching to the choir. Anyone else want the soapbax?
Farside
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:58:22 PM

Don''t delay on reporting. I have never had much faith in the BBB either. I have used the dispute channels in the past and I gotta say they get the job done. I had a company on Vegas charge my card three months in a row for the same order. By the time the a settlement had been reached the charge appeared again. I was refunded three of the monthly charges in short time.
WYBuckskin
#14 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 7:56:31 PM

This seems like a tempest in a tea kettle. Retsel is a Mom & Pop outfit trying to compete with corporate America in a small niche market that is very up and down. Too many orders at Y2K, too few orders today. Friends have bought from them without trouble and they are universally recommended. I''ve talked to them several times in the last month and have gotten good information and responses. Several months back I sent in a buck and got back a full catalog and sample of flour in a timely fashion.

If you turn your attitude around, give them a call, and try to be a little patient, your mill will show up. Then, I want to hear how you like it, what you are ginding, and what you are making.

Good luck,
A Colorado Baker using Wyoming Buckskin Wheat
[:D]
skruzich
#15 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 10:11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WYBuckskin

If you turn your attitude around, give them a call, and try to be a little patient, your mill will show up. Then, I want to hear how you like it, what you are ginding, and what you are making.

Attitude? It was 2 months ago. If they had any intention of shipping the product, they would have shipped it the second they billed her card. Thats a lousy sorry way to do business. You don''t charge someones card then take 2 months to ship the item. You have item in hand, then charge card the same day you ship. Anything less than that is dishonest!

I think she''s got a great attitude and showing very good restraint. Its about time to kick some ass over this!

Besides, If the mill was plated in 24 karet gold, it still wouldn''t be worth what she paid for it, since she doesn''t have a mill to mill flour with.

Now i need to start raising hell with the company that has my computer for 3 weeks. THey have had long enough to fix it.
turtlehead
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:00:03 PM

Hi WYBuckskin,

I''m glad to hear you''ve had good experiences with Retsel. Like I said, I did a LOT of research before deciding to purchase their grain mill. To be honest, my preferred resolution to this would be to see my grain mill arrive at my doorstep. All reviews of the mill and the company were glowing.

My frustration stems partly from being promised "the item will ship on X date and I will email you a UPS confirmation number" and then when X date came and went I was told "the item will ship on Y date and I will email or call with a UPS shipping number." Y date came and went and now I cannot contact the company. If they''d said "We''re back-ordered something fierce, it''s going to be a couple of weeks" then I''d be cool with that. But they promised shipment, twice. And now I can''t get hold of them.

If you have any suggestions of how I can get in touch with them I''m all ears.

My emails to the person who was originally helping me go unanswered (though I know the emails were read because I put a read receipt on them). I have also emailed sales and customer support but I get no response. I have telephoned their sales line several times and no one answers, I only get a recording saying please call during normal business hours (and I am calling between 9-5 mountain, which is the hours they have posted on their website). I have telephoned their customer service line and it is no longer in service (The number you have reached has been disconnected or is no longer in service....). This has all the ear markings of a company going out of business :(

Like I said, my preferred solution would be to have the grain mill in hand. If you know of a way I can contact them (email and telephone both fail) I welcome your suggestions.

And Steve, thanks for having my six, bro!
turtlehead
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:17:46 PM

More "this smells like they''re going out of business" stuff:

Domain Name: RETSEL.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.ALLIDAHO.COM
Name Server: NS2.ALLIDAHO.COM
Updated Date: 22-jan-2006
Creation Date: 27-mar-1997
Expiration Date: 28-mar-2006

If that''s the case, it''s a darn shame. [:(] I always root for the small guys with a good product, to the point that I don''t mind paying a little extra just to give them the business instead of some conglomerate. Plus I sure don''t want to be out $500 plus over this. [B)]
skruzich
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:29:01 PM

I would say that their going out of business. I would also file a warrant for fraud against them. You have mail and wire fraud charges, as well as other various charges you could slap on them. Wire and mail fraud since you transmitted financial transaction via phone lines.

I hope your bank will charge back the charge for you.
IF the bank won''t, call up the Attorney General of that state and file formal charges against them. Usually the ATtorney general can motivate people like that to return money.
homegrowntomatoes
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:00:59 PM

Oh, Turtlehead... I''m sorry to hear about this. I had a situation like that with a hotel once... I booked the hotel room and then cancelled over a month in advance, and they wouldn''t remove the charge even though you only needed a 24-hour cancellation notice, supposedly. After paying interest on a $300 charge for months, I was finally able to resolve the issue by threatening to write everyone from the BBB to my senator. I sure hope everything works out for you!
skruzich
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:33:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by homegrowntomatoes

Oh, Turtlehead... I''m sorry to hear about this. I had a situation like that with a hotel once... I booked the hotel room and then cancelled over a month in advance, and they wouldn''t remove the charge even though you only needed a 24-hour cancellation notice, supposedly. After paying interest on a $300 charge for months, I was finally able to resolve the issue by threatening to write everyone from the BBB to my senator. I sure hope everything works out for you!

YOu have to be careful on hotels and travel sites. UNLESS you pay for travel insurance, you won''t be allowed to cancel and get a refund. Read the fine print. It is a norm in the travel industry at sites like travelocity.com, hotels.com and orbitz.com IF you buy through them, they have a no refund policy and you will need to buy travel insurance to get the ability to change flights/rooms ect or to even get a credit to another trip.