Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Water Storage plumbing? Options
davisonh
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 11:50:37 PM

The plumbing for the extra tanks is'nt too complicated,all you're really going to do is hook the two  storage tanks in parallel with what you have now coming out of the well.Just double up your existing connections and put in the switches,etc the way the existing one is now.

Carol
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:29:55 PM

I collect rainwater in two 3000 gal tanks.  The rainwater comes in to the top of one and the other tank is connected to the bottom with a cut off valve on each tank. The water pressure of the first tank fills the second.  In the winter I keep one turned off so if I have a leak I don't lose all my water (been there done that). 
MichaelK
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:26:07 PM

Hi Ron
I have exactly the same step-up you refer to on my own homestead.  I pump water uphill from the well into two 5000 gallon tanks.  The plumbing is so simple you don't even have to have a diagram.  Don't even bother with the above ground tank ports.  Just put a 2" tee/vee in the below ground inlet/outlet pipe downstream of the tank.  Put valves right where the pipe goes into the tank.  You can alteratively fill or empty one tank or the other by keeping one valve open and one valve closed.  If you want both to have the same water level, just keep both valves open at the same time.  I don't recommend that though because if a pipe cracks you'd loss all your water at once.

Good luck with your system,
Michael
GeorgetownRon
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:26:07 PM

We are replacing our single water tank with a pair 2500 gal. water storage tanks. of I am looking for a plumbing diagram to inter-connect the two. We are currently pumping from our well up to our tank site with a single 2" line that is both the supply to the tanks and the gravity feed to the house. The tanks each have a 2" outlet at the bottom and a 1 1/2" inlet on the top. I can work with a generic plumbing diagram. If you can direct me to any sites with diagrams it would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron