Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

chicken feather loss Options
weedsmoker420
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2004 7:08:03 AM

got to live and learn
ajortolani
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2004 5:05:45 PM

Hi Johnhagen, thanks for the tip, but what exactly is Sevin Dust anyways? And is this a problem I''m going to have when I get my chickens & guineas?
johnhagen
#3 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2004 10:51:39 AM

Know in fact our chickens did not have a problem just us.To answer your question sevin dust is garden vegetable dust.What was wrong was told to us by a old timer and he sure got a laugh.They were molting and there feathers were falling out and they looked like hell,so i am cleaning out hen house twice a week trying to kill some thing that was not here.He told me that free range and a clean hen house,once a month that i would never have a problem.Laughed all they way home the old fart as i call him.
skruzich
#4 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2004 2:04:35 PM

ROTFL hehe bet he did laugh all the way to the farm
shannons
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:47:22 AM

They DO look somethign awful when theyr''e molting - we were given 7 hens by the local historical farm, and half of them were so pathetic when they moved in since they were at the height of thier molt - nearly bald in the chilly November air! - look MUCH nicer now though, and their eggs that they lay daily are just as gorgeous!
johnhagen
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:47:22 AM

[:)]Well everyone i got took and want you to learn from my mistake.i purchased some lice and mite powder for my chickens and it was not cheap.Looked at the ingriedants and found it was not more than Sevin dust.This is exactly the same.Put some on chickens and on floor of coop after a good cleaning and some more pine chips and the chickens are doing great.Wont by the expencive stuff again.