Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

composting idea Options
andydufresne
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2004 5:39:42 AM

I think your idea makes sense. I have obtained to 55 gallon drums to make into composting bins.
mikeg
#2 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2004 5:42:34 PM

I had a plastic bucket with a lid that I kept on the kitchen counter it was about a half gallon in size. It was bigger in the top than the bottom and most every thing came out when I would empty it. I had a bucket of rain water that I would wash it out with and was close to the compost drum. It would start to smell between empting so my wife asked for a new porcelan one for christmas that has a charcoal filter. It is about the same size but the opening is smaller than the bottom and is harder to empty.
As far as the paper idea you could line a plastic bag with news paper and do the same thing and would probably work just as well.
Greenknight
#3 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2004 5:42:34 PM

The way I see the problem with composting most people don't like the pile of gue to throw out and scoop out of a pale. My thought, is why couldn't I use a brown paper bag, and throw it out with the gue. Perhaps, pup a plastic bag around the paper so I could still through it out however, if it leaked..... Well, it really wouldn't be a problem.

One thing I was thinking of as far as recycling, is that the sooner it gets sorted the better. For instance, in a recycling program is it better to sort it out at the center or at the house? Obviosily at the house. So, how do you get them to do this? I was reading an article that said the recycled materials are a big profit industry in Wisconsin.

By the way, I don't really know where this goes, but I thought of this messageboard because, the composting.