Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

4 Pages 123>»
Hunter is losing his battle with cancer Options
ajortolani
#1 Posted : Monday, December 01, 2003 11:38:23 PM

[V]
Sorry to hear this news, Steve, I shall keep you & Hunter in my thoughts & wish you both the best.
begimorst
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:19:41 AM

I''m sorry Steve, I really am.
skruzich
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:30:09 AM

Thanks yall, It''s just hitting me hard this time, i just lost another furkid to lymphoma in august, and now its Hunter. The bad thing about Hunter is that it isn''t the kind that Odo had and my vet is telling me that when it gets so big I will have to put him to sleep.

I am dreading that day.
steve
Sheila
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:45:58 AM

We''ll be holding you and Hunter in the light at our house, Steve. So very sorry.
Galeshka
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:36:12 PM

I''m so sorry to hear this Steve, and wish there were more that I could do.

Be well......
DanR
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 1:50:37 PM

Steve:

The loss of a good friend is never easy. You will be in my prayers.
skruzich
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 5:56:32 PM

I have one shot at a treatment that might or might not work so i am going to go for it. I have a appointment today with a holistic vet that helped me extend Odo''s life for a extra six months. He thinks he might be able to slow or even stop the tumor growth. You have to realize when cancer is involved in pets that 1 or 2 year remissions is all that you go for or try to expect. They live such short lives. I would love to have 1 more year with hunter!
You don''t realize how fast life goes by until you start counting the days left when you have a beloved pet or even a human. You find a way to spend every second as wisely as possible. Time is so short.
TTYL i gotta go over and give my Hound a belly rub
steve
CntryLvnGrl
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:11:36 PM

Steve.... ...... ........ Man that just sucks. Not the most well written reply but straight from the heat none the less... Wish I had some thing inspiring and uplifting to share..... Think I''ll just stick with good luck.
skruzich
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:11:07 AM

Started treating him tonight, I gave him his first dose of homeopathics this afternoon. Have to give him some more tonight and then change solutions tomorrow and then the next day. then rotate the solutions around.
I am hoping to see the tumor slow or stop growing.
Steve
Bruce Holman
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:01:23 AM

Yes, it''s rough.
We lost our pal of fifteen years, also to cancer. Still miss him a lot...sometimes think I hear him padding around the house at night.

Good luck with the new treatment...One thing though, don''t ask Hunter to go through extraordinary treatment because you can''t let him go. There comes a time when your dog tells you that it''s right to end it, and as a responsible pet owner you have to be strong enough to be there for him.

Our dog rests under the shade of a big pine tree, with all of his favorite toys tucked into his blanket. He''s safe now.
Sheila
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:05:59 AM

Dang, Bruce, now you''ve got me crying. And it''s been 3 years since the one I''m thinking of went on.

Steve, best of luck with the new treatment. A bigger tool box is a good thing, no?
skruzich
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:18:35 AM

Bruce i know and understand. I lost Odo in August to lymphoma, and i was spared the agony of having to put him to sleep. He was never in pain, the last day he was alive he did have difficulty in breathing the last couple hours, and I had made the decision to take him in the next day to the vet and help him on.

Hunter is a different story, his is a tumor that will grow large and use up the blood supply then when it can''t get any more blood, it starts to die and will poison him. IF i can get the tumor to stop growing it will possibly give him a chance. I won''t let him suffer at all. He will tell me when he has had enough.
I will then bury him next to ODO up under the dogwood tree.
Steve
dropkick
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:13:01 PM

I had to have my dog Hamm put down a few months back, cancer in his lungs, he was 15.
Kept him going as long as I could, even got an oxygen bottle to help him breath, but he was suffering too much and had to stop it.
I keep expecting to see him, and a day doesn''t go by without me thinking of him.
Some times life sucks.
Bruce Holman
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:39:16 PM

"...IF i can get the tumor to stop growing it will possibly give him a chance...

Good luck with the treatment; we''re all rooting for you and Hunter--we''re in this together.
Ryan and Kathy
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 6:23:40 AM

Sorry to here about Hunter. My buddy has a half dozen lumps and we don''t have money to remove them. They don''t seem to hurt him even though the one on his belly is almost golfball size. My vet says removal would only be cosmetic and they might come back any way. I guess I''ll just keep my fingers crossed like everyone else. What''s the deal with tumors and cysts any way? I even have a ganglieon cyst on the back of my hand.

Life sucks Enjoy the moments you can!
Sheila
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:03:56 PM

Dropkick: Sorry to hear about Hamm. They''re such good buddies--it''s hard to lose them.
skruzich
#17 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2003 12:03:05 AM

Awe man Yall are great. Thanks! Dropkick sometimes life does suck. It is hard to understand why they manage to worm their way into our hearts so deep. Ryan Your fella could benefit from the therapy I am giving hunter. Its homeopathic and cost me around 6.50 per bottle x 3 solutions, and 20 bucks a month for the cell salts. The solutions last 4 -6 months. So it is relatively cheap.
I am going to use this months house note and have this tumor removed one more time and hopefully i can get it to go into remission. He is only 9 years old and I want him to have every chance in the world to live. Oh well its only a house.
Steve
CntryLvnGrl
#18 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2003 5:42:23 AM

Steve I''m going to be saying prayers for you and Hunter. Maybe if we all pray to what ever power we believe in, it''ll bring Hunter some good health news and you luck with your house note. I''m just about in tears each time I read this thread. I''ve lost many pets over the yrs. None of them because of cancer, so I can''t imagine how hard thats got to be.
skruzich
#19 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2003 2:55:19 PM

I know they are my pets, but they are more than pets to me, my kids are all but gone from the house and really they are nothing more than furry kids anyway. They do the same things kids do, pull the same stunts, give tons of love, and are a whole lot less trouble than kids. ;) hehe.
Thats why i call them my furkids all the time. I even have them in my will so that they will be supported and taken care of if i die. Part of the responsibility of taking care of pets.
Steve
Terri
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 06, 2003 1:39:21 AM

I''m sorry. I lost a good dog to cancer once. But, her life was sweet while she lived! She was part of the family, and that is what dogs crave the most!