Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

How does one use grown water? Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2003 2:47:03 PM

Ground water wells can go dry depending on if your in a drought. They call those bored wells, instead of drilled wells. The bored wells are cheaper to do.
You have another problem being out west. Do you own the water rights to even drill or bore a well. That is the number one thing you have to check on.
hunter63
#2 Posted : Monday, December 01, 2003 1:51:10 AM

Check your deed for infor on the property, should spell out water, mining rights etc. Then contact your county agent, contact at same place you pay your taxes. While you are at it, inquire about a "perk"for your sewer system, zoning, elec. etc.
johnhagen
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:47:39 AM

Hey guys you mean if you own the land they can tell him if he can drill a well.I knew California was screwed up but this takes it all. LOL
hunter63
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 3:21:08 PM

No Joke, Colorado has laws about who can take water out of rivers, Called "water rights"
In some states, if someone owns "mining rights",oil rights etc. they can go for it even if you own the surface land.
Warning to all, If your going to buy land, check the fine print, all rights(water, mining, oil), easements, ( some have a clause that some one can pass thru your land), perk (for septic), flood plane (cant''t build) road rules, etc.
There could be a good reason why the land is cheap!
I''m not saying not to buy it, but be aware of what you have to deal with.
This message board has touched on ways around problems, and it might be to your atvantage to look for,(and be willing to)try other ways of solving problems instead of just calling the contractors (money)or Gov. to own your place.
crwmdpmr
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:53:46 PM

In western Kansas you are prohibited from drilling a well
on any lot less than 400 acres in size. This zoning law
was passed to limit commercial hog farming. Unfortunately,
it shot housing prices up sky high for some places in the
middle of nowhere. I saw some houses in Dodge City that
were going for close to a million that wouldn''t bring
$300,000.00 in Wichita.
ajortolani
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:13:12 PM

[:)]
Hi Cambrogi,
Your land looks & sounds very nice, I checked your site & am curious about why you would want to get rid of it if it''s that close to LA & SF? Don''t they have a land shortage? I had always heard that the San Joaquin valley was lovely & you mentioned that your neighbours have irrigation, can you tap into that? If you really want to sell, perhaps some of the neighbours want it?
More questions: in your add you mention how fertile the area is, does that apply to yor parcel too?
Am very curious[?]
Sheila
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 6:33:43 PM

You can learn about California''s water regulations here: http://www.leginfo.ca.go...lawquery?codesection=wat
But you''ll also want to check into Kern County''s regulations.
skruzich
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:40:07 PM

Hmmm since AJ mentioned something about tapping into irrigation, the i can assure you that they don''t own the water rights on the land. That is one of the things i hated about out west. Someone owns the water they irrigate with and someone will also own the water rights under the ground. You can drill if you pay them a royalty fee for the water, both in irrigation and the drilling a well.
You also might get lucky and have the water rights on your land, but i doubt that seriously as alot of land way back in the depression era had the water rights sold off to help the owners keep their land during the depression.
steve
skruzich
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:41:35 PM

Hey the title of the thread is how to use grown water. The question i have is what does it take to grow water?????? ;D
PDQ
#10 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2003 2:20:49 PM

I am in Pa, never beeen to Calif. So I might be asking the obvious but
is there anything like pumping the ground water ( without boring a well ) into 55 gal plastic drums. so its available during a dry seasons? Also, is there not enough rain to collect into 55 gal plastic drums? Last year I only used about 4 Drums worth on my garden. If I was going to wash up with it I might need another 4. If I wanted drinking water I''d buy several gallons a week for that purpose. One could get fancy and pass the water thru a filter, add a drop of bleech, and seal the drums until you needed them.

Probably cant get away with it in Ca?
hunter63
#11 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2003 3:22:01 PM

Yo, Steve, my computer can''t spell worth a !!!! either.
skruzich
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 06, 2003 12:26:50 AM

LOL sorry hunter, just had to rib ya ;)
Cambrogi
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 06, 2003 12:26:50 AM

I own 10 acres in Kern County California that no one seems to be interested in buying & have decided to try & rough it & make a homestead out of it. I have no water on the property but gound water. Can you use ground water? If so, how? Does ground water mean you can dig a well? How do I find out if I can dig a well? Any help will be appreciated. All the info I have on my property is at http://cambrogi.tripod.com Please look over it & tell me what I can do as far as homesteading goes on it. The site is the old For Sale website I had which I'm going to take down soon. Thank you. You can e-mail me at jlobos65@yahoo.com
Siochain
Cambrogi