Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

CA .> OR Need help and info! Pros/Cons Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:57:09 PM

Heh, Until your left behind spouse gets her hands on it! ;)

quote:
Originally posted by CRZ

Money is the least of my worries as I have a decent savings and my military retirement.

CRZ
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:09:12 PM

She owes me plenty. She''s getting off easy! :)
andydufresne
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2003 6:16:57 AM

Oddly enought AHNOLD''S financial advisor''s first public comment was that CA''s deficit was partially caused by property taxes that were way too low. AHNOLD''S handler''s didn''t let the financial advisore talk again.

AS for where to go get as far away as you can but still have some kind of Internet access. MANY TIMES rural areas with LARGE phone companies will have fewer special services....smaller companies such as Centruytel sercie mainly rural areas and are rushing to get DSL in. I have had DSL service for a couple of years and some of my friends in the city STILL can''t get it.
Piscesnaturally
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2003 12:53:50 PM

How fortunate you are to be getting out of this cesspool of a state. I, too, am in CA and am trying to leave back to WA state. My mother recently purchased property in Klamath Falls area. She says its beautiful. I am simply envious! I wish you the best of luck! Make sure you have 4x4 transport. My mother has gotten caught numerous times barely being able to make it up to her property.
Joshua
#5 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 5:40:04 AM

Hi..I''m in Oregon.
I call the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington and Alaska.)the ''refugee'' state.
You may have heard this before..But it''s more true than not of people who come here looking for ''paradise''..enjoy Josh

Dear Diary
Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Oregon. I am so excited. It''s so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Oregon--it is the most beautiful place on earth. God''s Country! The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Thanksgiving is coming! Deer season starts soon. I can''t imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Oregon!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. The rascal. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn''t get out of the driveway to get to work. It''s beautiful here but I''m exhausted from shoveling. Friggen snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More of that white sh*t fell last night. I''ve got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I''m done shoveling the driveway. Idiot!.

Dec. 25 - Merry Friggen Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the moron who drives the snow plough, I swear I''ll kill the idiot! Don''t know why they don''t use more salt on the roads to melt the friggen ice.

Dec. 27 - More white stuff last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can''t go anywhere, the car''s stuck in a mountain of white crap and it''s so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That idiot weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the sh*t this time! At this rate it won''t melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that moron came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the garbage he had pushed into my driveway, I almost broke my last one over his friggen head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a a deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those pathetic beasts should be killed! The monsters are everywhere! Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can''t imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Oregon!

skruzich
#6 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 2:31:12 PM

ROTFLMAO that was a good one josh
cherterr
#7 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 2:49:49 PM

Ahhhh!! Reality!! LOL! Good post!
CRZ
#8 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 2:49:49 PM

Recently I've made some very important decisions for my life. I'm fet up with CA and all it's nonsense. So many needless taxes. Too many people for me, way too busy, and I've lost interst in CA. I'm also planning on leaving my spouse behind for many reasons. Email me and I'll tell you what my reasons are. :) :)

I've always loved Oregon and feel that I'd be VERY HAPPY there. I love the lakes and back country sports available in the Klamath Falls area. Plus there is a low cost of living, mild temps, low crime, clean air, fewer taxes, and less government If you have any experience in this area of Oregon, please let me know. I can use all the help that I can get. BTW: This is going to happen NOW. Still looking at land. But, all the wheels are in motion!

I'm planning to purchase some land and building my own place (the way I want it). I also could use some ideas and pre-cautions. I've been in CA 15 years. Prior to that I was active duty military. I have very little experience moving from state to state and building a new place (Starting from scratch).

Money is the least of my worries as I have a decent savings and my military retirement.

I'd like to meet some nice "Mother Earth News" folks living in the Klamath Falls area.