Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Looking for an out of print book Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:05:15 AM

Have you looked on the library of congress interlibrary loan site? You can find them on the LOC and then take the information down to your local library and they will get it for you.
steve
andydufresne
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2003 7:14:37 AM

Also try www.bn.com

They have a network of used book stores that have all kinds of things.
swomersley
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:33:33 PM

Thanks! I will try both methods.
Bruce Holman
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2003 6:42:26 PM

Bingo! Here''s a copy. Found it on http://www.abebooks.com
Go for it.

Coleby, Pat
Natural Goat and Alpaca Care :
CSIRO, Australia 2000-04-29 00:00:00. PAPERBACK MINT UNMARKED CONDITION FINE. ISBN:0643065253 Bookseller Inventory #0643065253ABE
Price: US$ 38.93 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: SBW Books, Peterborough, CB, United Kingdom

skruzich
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2003 8:42:12 PM

Geee, before i paid 38.93, plus international shipping i would see if i could borrow it from the LIbrary of Congess.
steve
barbarake
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2003 9:58:18 PM

Well, if you''re not in a hurry, you can order it from Amazon ($30.99, ships for free). Mr. (or Ms.?) Coleby also wrote a book called ''Natural Goat Care'' that''s available on Amazon for $17.50 plus shipping) which might be helpful.

For either one, go to www.amazon.com and do a search.
andydufresne
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2003 10:09:25 PM

What does anyone do with Alpacas? I see them advertised but I wonder if the only people making money are the ones selling the animals to ranchers.
andydufresne
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 07, 2003 4:43:16 AM

I forgot to mention www.half.com

It''s a good place to find used books. If you just want it for the information and not as a collectible then it should do just fine.
cherterr
#9 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2003 5:09:48 PM

Thanks Bruce! I found a book I''ve been wondering about for YEARS!!! (Like... 32!!) "When Your Money Fails"... they had it!! Awesome site!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Holman

Bingo! Here''s a copy. Found it on http://www.abebooks.com
Go for it.

Coleby, Pat
Natural Goat and Alpaca Care :
CSIRO, Australia 2000-04-29 00:00:00. PAPERBACK MINT UNMARKED CONDITION FINE. ISBN:0643065253 Bookseller Inventory #0643065253ABE
Price: US$ 38.93 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: SBW Books, Peterborough, CB, United Kingdom

swomersley
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2003 6:46:01 PM

Bruce, thanks for the tip. They seem to be the only ones who have it - I can''t justify that much moola - with shipping its too close to $50. I''ll just have to keep my eyes open or sell one of my alpacas...guess I''ll keep my eyes open.

Andy, I have them for fiber. Not interested in the glitzy realm of award-winning-outrageously-expensive alpacas. Lots of them already in my area. ''Fraid my rustbucket wouldn''t fit in next to their hummers. ;-}
cherterr
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2003 11:52:06 PM

ALPACAS!!!!!! I want one (some)!!!! Tell more!:):) You''d sell one for $50??? I''ll get ''cha the book!!:):)

"I can''t justify that much moola - with shipping its too close to $50. I''ll just have to keep my eyes open or sell one of my alpacas...guess I''ll keep my eyes open.

Andy, I have them for fiber. Not interested in the glitzy realm of award-winning-outrageously-expensive alpacas. Lots of them already in my area. ''Fraid my rustbucket wouldn''t fit in next to their hummers. ;-}
[/quote]
skruzich
#12 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 12:37:59 AM

Hey now don''t knock the hummers. ;) My son is getting me three of them from the marine corp so i can build two good ones out of the three. He got them at auction and paid 500 a piece for them.
steve
swomersley
#13 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2003 12:37:59 AM

If anyone has a copy or knows where I can get a copy of "Natural Goat and Alpaca Care, Second Ed." by Pat Coleby, I would appreciate it. I am soon to become the caretaker of two goats, a llama and an alpaca and would prefer to care for them naturally. Thanks.