Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

kittens eye Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:40:09 AM

Go to a herb store and get eyebright tea. Take and boil 4 teabags in a couple cups of water. let the herb steep while water cools. Once you get the liquid cool, take 1 c of liquid out of the pan, and mix with 1 c of distilled water. Add 1/16 tsp of cayenne or basically a pinch of cayenne pepper to the water. stir well. Now this will burn only a min or two, BUT the cayenne will clean the eye. I use it in my eyes. The eyebright will promote healing. Cayenne will also promote healing but it also cleans the eyes out. Won''t hurt them at all.
Take a dropper and pull the liquid into it, being careful not to get any grains of pepper into the liquid. Spray the liquid into the eyes real quick. As i said it will burn a bit but won''t hurt the kitten at all.
JSmit369
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2003 7:57:34 PM

you might have distemper. cats eyes get matty they will start lossing wt. and get very sick. Check with your Vet there are shots they can give. Distemper does spread to other cats and is hard to control without shots from the vet.
skruzich
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:06:29 PM

yes distemper is another story. I was telling you that treatment based on just a eye infection.
woody1
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2003 9:06:29 PM

Is it ok to treat a kittens eye infection, or something in it's eye with eye drops? (That is used on humans.) The kitten is four weeks old and has developed some kind of irritation in the eye...... Or is there some other means? thanks shroom (WOODY)