Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

puss-puss ear mites! Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2003 10:02:22 PM

Hi jack,
Heres a solution for you. You can find most everything i believe at a health food store. BUT if you cannot, You can get the tinctures at several places or make your own but it takes a month to make a tincture. try the healthfood store first, then if you cannot find it search for it on the net.
Now earmites usually come around when your pet is not healthy. It doesn''t mean they are visibly sick its just that they are not up to par. The number one thing that causes this is their diet. If your feeding commercial food then get the pet off that crap. You can get good food from www.flintriver.com i feed my pets this food and it is very good for them. Also feed them food that you eat, the scraps from dinner.
If your cat hunts, then let her get her main source of food from hunting mice and other varmits.

Trust me when i say that the food out there for our pets is awful. They use road kill, leftovers from chicken processing plants, leftovers from slaughter houses, and they have been known to use animals from the city pound that have been euthanized.
Below is the treatment for earmites naturally.
TTYL
steve

Steve

Step 1:
Make a mixture of 1/2 ounce of almond or olive oil and 400 IU vitamin E in a dropper bottle. Warm to body temperature and put about 1/2 dropper full in the ear, massaging the ear canal well for a minute or so. Let your pet shake its head and then gently clean out the opening with cotton swabs. Q-tip type applicators may compact material already in the ear canal. Apply the oil every other day for six days. Then let the ears rest for 3 days. (The oil mixture will smother many of the mites and start a healing process.)

Step 2:
Using a tincture of the herb Yellow Dock, dilute it with water (9 drops to 1 tablespoon of water). Treat the ears with this mixture, as described above, once every 3 days for 6 weeks. Ear mite eggs are quite resistant to just about anything after they have already hardened, that is why a six-week period of treatment is recommended. The eggs will continue to hatch out in cycles and if medicine is present for six continuous weeks (medicine administered will last for four days) there will be no more eggs present.

You may need to thoroughly shampoo the head and ears (and the tip of the tail), because the mites can leave the ears; they do like to go for night trips to check out the terrain and might crawl back in after treatment. The tip of the tail may have a few mites from when it is curled near the head. Make a tea infusion of yellow dock and use it as a final rinse.

Generally a healthy animal will have fewer problems with ear mites, so improving the diet will help in prevention and recovery. Feeding a natural raw meat diet or a super-concentrated, preservative free commercial diet like PHD will improve overall health and reduce the likelihood of frequent parasitic infections. Supplementing with garlic and brewer''s yeast is especially helpful.

rancid
#2 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2003 5:07:56 AM

try swabing a little canola oil in its ears.It works good on my rabbits,suffocates the mites.good luck, Rancid.
skruzich
#3 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2003 10:30:09 PM

hi
The oil will smother them but you need to use yellowdock to kill the eggs.
Steve
jack420
#4 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2003 10:30:09 PM

help me everyone!
my cat skitz, has ear mites, and i really don't want to use chemicals (otc stuff). can you give me some natural remedies?