Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

new member here need help Options
Sarah/Librum
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:10:26 PM

SGD,

The disk indexes were incorporated into the site search.  Look for box above.  Moreover it was designed for the disks, not the hardcopy.

The unofficial 'master' hardcopy issue index, started and maintained for many years by the late Majere, was discontinued at issue #211.  This was for the use of the Librum, which had the full set, and also many 'missing' and 'lost' curios (sound LPs of 3 minute commercials, radio show recordings, special magazine series (LifeStyle), etc.).  This private collection still exists, and is actually consulted by TMEN.  Current issue is #246, I think.  This index does still exist, but at TMEN's request, was delinked, and abandoned.  http://www.librum.us/iindex.htm, I think is the url.  I do know for fact that Majere's was captured and kept updated by TMEN for their own internal use, but they will not let us have a copy. 

But you want to use the official 'disk' one, via search box above.

Sarah, of the Librum

sea_goin_dude
#2 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 4:09:32 PM

Thanks very much. Lots of information there and sure it will save me a lot of time. Sure like to have the later years if anyone has them.

Much appreciation  /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/wink.png 

PS I do have a large stack of my older issues but was glad to be able to buy the many years of issues on disks.

Sarah/Librum
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:07:26 PM

SGD,

Suggestion:  Take Majere's index, and update it. Adapt it to your needs.  Go ahead, you have permission, which I can and just have granted you.  I would ask if you do, to post it somewhere in the www, and let others capture and/or print it.  I can not, nor can the people I work with, the Librum is a very busy place.

Second suggestion: Make a list of what issues you are missing and send to me.  Depending on where you are I might be able to do a permanent International Library Loan of some of our dupes.  It may cost you a little bit, but cheaper than trying to complete a collection on eBay.

Sarah

sea_goin_dude
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:07:26 PM

HI folks I just joined this forum but have been a TMEN reader for years. My problem is this: I bought the cd's from 1970 thru 2008. I need to know if there is an index ANYWHERE so that I do not have to just scan through the whole cd to find something.These are very good but I don't have the time to scan through the whole cd just to find something and not having any idea what is on each one without scanning from one end to the other???????

I sure hope there is an index or maybe somewhere that I can download one on line.