Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

5 Pages «<345
The Librum... Options
Sarah/Librum
#81 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:15:03 AM

April?  Sheesh... 

Folks, we are still around, and welcome any visitors.  We have much expanded our offerings, and kept the freebies online for all to grab.

A blast from the past may soon end.  We finally found and procured the second McKenzies.  When restored, Majere's wishlist will be complete.  It is a great read, and I hope it is put online soon.

Sarah
jd
#82 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:22:15 PM

I was lucky enough to get an early version of the Librum on CD but, from what I gather, the Librum has been updated and added to (good students).  How would one go about getting the complete updated version of the whole shebang? 

Sarah/Librum
#83 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:56:51 PM

JD

"I was lucky enough to get an early version of the Librum on CD but, from what I gather, the Librum has been updated and added to (good students).  How would one go about getting the complete updated version of the whole shebang?"

Excellent motivated students.  I love working with them. 

To answer the question, follow the link to the OLA storefront.  We still sell via eBay, but they are more expensive there due to higher fees.  We are trying to diversify away from eBay/PayPal. 

We be more than one CD now, DVDs even.  Lets see...

DVD#1 contains CD#1 through #4.  (But you can do individual CDs if you like.)
CD #5 (assorted, see main page.),
CD #6 (
assorted, see main page.),
CD #7 (
assorted, see main page.).
  (and when enough for #8, another DVD to hold #5 through #
DVD #2 (Audel's Carpenters Set),
DVD #3 (Audel's Gardeners Set),
DVD #4 (discontinued pdf collection)(but we still get requests, and privately sell),
DVD #5 (Foxfire #1 thru #6, and JONA),
DVD #6 (International Correspondence Schools project) (A new edition is in the works.  Adding over fifty new ones.)

We hope to have the 'green' light for direct download purchase of any work, once the Google checkout thing get fixed. 

Sarah

Sarah/Librum
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:57:01 PM

JD, A master set?  Such does not exist.  Too dynamic. 

But at OLA prices, for REGISTERED versions, it is $20 per DVD and $10 per CD.  Not counting p/h.  Add $5 on each DVD/CD if from eBay, due to their higher fees.  In your case, that would be DVD#1, #2, #3, #5, #6, and CD#5, #6, and #7.  $130 plus s/h (special in your case) at OLA prices.

I am allowed to make, on custom basis, the actual site archive, but it only contains the limited versions.  If this is what you want, it is $30, plus s/h.  Multi DVD. 

And I am allowed to 'toss in' for good customers and friends, the old DVD#4, PDFs DVD and the Mother soundclips DVD.  I know you already have the sound clip DVD. 

I do wish they would get the google shopping cart working!  A lot of folks want just this one or that one, and they, rightfully, object to having to buy assortments.  Then I could really drop the costs to say $5 per work.

Sarah

Sarah/Librum
#85 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:57:14 PM

Found it, this thread I mean.

JD.  At the request of Mother, I downplayed this, this posting of updates about the Librum, here on Mother's forums.  Now I have a 'conditional' release.

Yes, we have added a lot of content to the Librum site.  Mainly in the ICS area.  The best thing I can advise you is to simply visit the Librum, and make any selections you desire.  As before, while the downloadable demos are limited, they are at a very generous sixty day limitation.  I still have hopes for an increase in funds to build a true 'reading room', a pay portal for full access to source materials. 

There is another change.  If you do not want to buy cd/dvd, then we now offer 'singles'.  Drop me a email, address at the bottom of the Librum page, and for $5 via paypal, you can direct download any registered work.

Also, on Steve's site, you will find messages with links to many of our update demos.  Steve also has, but has not put up, all the demos through DVD#9.  This is in case our 'sword of Damacles' does fall.  Some of our people want to shut down the project, and I, with Steve's help, have placed an archive in case we suddenly do get shut down.

Sarah

Sarah/Librum
#86 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 10:17:19 PM

Bumping...

With updates, as the 'season' approaches...  (stocking stuffer buying time again)

We are revamping the entire site, content, etc.  New ebook software (v8/9) which now supports our Mac friends with an internal viewer, no more exe, is now zip.  Also the new software, in the registered v9 mode, allows folks to directly address the images for printing, etc (linux users too!)

We also just added a new (to us) version of PayPals cart, so you do not have to buy a cd to get the full version, you download it after payment clears.

Scads of new content, especially in the ICS section. 

We are having a ball with new works, so if you have not been by in a while, come on over.

Sarah

practicalman45
#87 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:41:05 AM

Hi Sarah,

A few questions about shopping at Librum.  I have been to the ebay site for Librum. Is it a better deal to go directly to  the Librum website to buy than at the ebay store?  Does one have a more complete selection than the other?  Could you post a link here to your site? And are there any discounts or specials for  shoppers who might mention that they are longtime MEN forum members?  Thank you for your time.

Sarah/Librum
#88 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:45:39 PM

"A few questions about shopping at Librum.  I have been to the ebay site for Librum. Is it a better deal to go directly to  the Librum website to buy than at the ebay store?  Does one have a more complete selection than the other?  Could you post a link here to your site? And are there any discounts or specials for  shoppers who might mention that they are longtime MEN forum members?  Thank you for your time."

PracticalMan,

It depends on what you are wanting.

If you want disks, then the OLA store is best, more current, and cheaper than eBay.

Also for disks is eBay, but we are considering dropping eBay, as it is getting almost impossible to keep current/updated.

If only one work, or a selection of just a few works, then the Librum sites storefront is better, but it is not very friendly to dial-up users.  This is why we take care to put the file sizes there, so the dialup folks can make the 'call'.  This mode is cheapest of all, and most current, as works show here until/before we have enough to fill a disk.

And let me stick this reminder in.  If you are looking for something not on the site, let us know!  We have stacks and stacks of works.  It is now required that each student review the 'wish list' prior to making their selection of what to restore.  This list is built based on requests from people like you.  You give me a subject via email, I respond with a list, and you select top three (if there be three).  These go on the list, or if a repeat request, they get a tick mark.  The students may select anything they want, but they are required to check the wish list first.  It is impossible to put the whole card catalog on the site and maintain it.  Just look at the ICS section and you will see the shear volume of such.

Example: now nearing completion is 'Cottage Building in Cob, Pise, Chalk and Clay' 1919.  Another: 'Practical Metal Plate Work' 1907.  Another: 'Soap Making Manual' 1922.  All three have five or more tick marks.

If you are not sure you want a certain work, then grab a demo from the site.  Sixty days is a long time, really.  Most folks get and eat a book in much less time.  A lot of our sales are from folks who grabbed a demo, and realized they wanted it for their personal library.  AND the new v9 (the latest software edition, in registered mode) allows full access to the content for printing, direct viewing, etc.

Thanks for asking!

Sarah

Sarah/Librum
#89 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:53:17 AM

By request, here is a posting of 'where we are now'.  In disk order.

CD#01v9A Thousand and One Formulas, 1920
American Farm Book, 1849
Dicks Encyclopedia, 1875
Farmers Cyclopedia of Agriculture, 1911
Farmers Cyclopedia of Live Stock, 1908 CD#02v9Assayers Guide, 1875
Fences Gates and Bridges, 1900
Glasswork by Heat and Abrasion, 1903
The Household Cyclopedia of Practical Receipts and Daily Wants, 1873
Henley's Twentieth Centruy Book of Formulas, Processes, and Trade Secrets, 1912
Handy Farm Devices and How to Make Them, 1909
The Manual of Formulas, 1932,
The Practical Stock Doctor, 1912 CD#03v9A Cotton Fabrics Glossary, 1907
Cyclopedia of Mechanics. (Hasluck) 1904
Hand Tools, 1937 CD#04v9The Book of Herb Cookery, 1941
The Housekeepers Handy Book. 1915
The Settlement Cook Book. 1904
Thomas Jefferson's Cook Book. 1937 CD#05v9Log Cabins and How To Make Them, 1928
The Universal Household Assistant, 1884
The White House Cook Book, 1887 CD#06v9A Catechism of the Steam Engine, 1868
Audels Masons and Builders Guides, 1936
Barns and Outbuildings, 1881
Book Binding (Hasluck) 1940
Building Model Boats. (Hasluck)1905
Clay Modeling and Plaster Casting. (Hasluck) 1905
Country Homes and How to Make Them. 1881
Cowies Bookbinders Manual
Cyclopedia of Valuable Information for the Jeweler, Watchmaker, and Optician
Ford Shop Theory, 1942
Goat Health Handbook. 1983
Household Guide or Domestic Cyclopedia. 1892
Housekeeping in Old Virginia. 1879
Knotting and Splicing Ropes (Hasluck) CD#07v9 The Boy Mechanic Series. CD#08v9Build It Better Yourself. CD#09v9MacKenzie's 5,000 Receipts, 1864
MacKenzie's 10,000 Receipts, 1865
The Advanced Machinest, 1903
The Practical Cabinet Maker, 1910
The Progressive Machinist CD#10v9Audel's Household Helpfull Hints
Building Model Boats
Paperhangers Work
Photographic Chemistry
Potters Cyclopedia of Botanical Drugs
Prospectors Field Book and Guide CD#11v9Boot Making and Mending
Copper Work
Cottage Building in Cob, Pise, Chalk, and Clay
Heating with Wood
Model Engineers Handy Book
Motor Cycle Buidking
Practical Metal Plate Work
Raising Healthy Goats under Primative Conditions
Small Scale Manufacture of Footwear CD#12v9Handwork in Wood 1910
Soap Making Manual 1922
Stevenson Memorial Cook Book 1919
Storage Batteries 1922
CD#13v9Sam Loyds 5,000 Puzzles, 1914
The Cooks Own Book 1832
The Household Cyclopedia. 1872
The Shoe Industry. 1916
The Virginia Housewife or Methodical Cook. 1899
CD#14v9The Art of Tanning Leather 1857
Virgina State Historical Markers, 1941
Whittling and Woodcarving 1936
You Can Make It 1929-1931
   DVD#01v9Compiltion of CD #01 through #06. DVD#02v9 Audel's Carpenters and Builders Guides, 1939 DVD#03v9 Audel's Gardeners and Growers Guides, 1928 DVD#04v9Compilation of CD #07 through #14. DVD#05v9 Foxfire #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9,
Book of the New Alchemists,
Journal of the New Alchemists #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 DVD#06v7 International Correspondence School Archive #1 DVD#07v7International Correspondence School Archive #2 DVD#08v7International Correspondence School Archive #3 DVD#09v7International Correspondence School Archive #4 DVD#10v7
A&B
Hawkins Electrical Guides Collection, Disk A, Volumes #1 through #5
Hawkins Electrical Guides Collection, Disk B, Volumes #6 through #10
Two disk Set. DVD#11 Popular Mechanics Home Handyman Set. four volumes -->DVD#12 *Earmarked for ICS Handbook Collection* DVD#13v9Scientific American Collection
Cyclopedia of Formulas 1910
Handy Book of Facts and Formulae, 1918
Cyclopedia of Receipts, Notes, and Queries. 1906

Sarah/Librum
#90 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 11:21:47 PM

Sarah/Librum
#91 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 11:40:49 PM

This forum software is still giving trouble!

Folks, a quiet announcement.  We have made some major improvements over that the Librum.  No longer does a user have to download large demo ebooks to research anything.  We now have most of the indexes searchable online.  By indexes I mean the Table of Contents and the Index [TOCI] pages.  And in many cases, the actual TOCI page image is directly downloadable, and free.

To make it even better, we now can serve up content by the page.  There is a ten 'point' cost, but we even spot you twenty points per login-day. 

Also, the ICS and ASC restorations are now in PDF, and free for the grabbing.

Sarah

begimorst
#92 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 11:40:49 PM

I feel really foolish. I don't understand the Librum. What do I do if I see a title I want to look into? Am I missing something here?