Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

5 Pages <1234>»
The Librum... Options
sandra902
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2004 12:03:54 PM

just popped in there and saw yer answer. by the way how is amos? reading this over reminded me of him.
majere
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:23:45 PM

Amos is a very happy bookmaker. Amana love their work. In hindsight, perhaps I erred tasking him, as in being a bit overbearing and arm-twisting, but it did round him a bit, and he needed it. Before, when English visited, his work place would be locked. This caused some trouble as the primary customers for his work are English, LOC and Smithsonian. Now he is much more civil. Last time I saw him, Friday, I walked in to find him with a customer.

And thank thee for reminding me, I have to get that special present down there for him. He developed a love for my goodwifes acorn logs. Think of a pecan log.

Take care,

Majere

Farside
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2004 4:28:42 PM

Majerestadt, I''m afraid you will now be required to visit the kitchen forum and post the Goodwife''s recipe for acorn logs. [;)]

sandra902
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2004 12:27:23 PM

farside you beat me to it! i was reflecting just yesterday on those acorn muffins that have been mentioned elsewhere. so we shall have to hear all about cooking with acorns. maybe a new thread, majere? i think the nuances of working with acorns may justify their own thread. perhaps that will be the avenue for us to get to know your goodwife???

and a big hello to amos when you see him next.
majere
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2004 5:46:41 PM

OK, I posted what I know about the acorn notes.

Sandra, message relayed.
Amos
#26 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2005 5:48:27 PM

*bump* with updates.

We have added MORE books to the Librum site.

The White House Cookbook project update is now complete. Ladies, it is both a picturebook of the origional pages (first version), and completely OCRed for searching (the version update).

And another one for the Ladies, check out the Hand Tools book. I grew up in a tool environment, so had a good background, but I learned from this very easy and quick reader. This one is useful in deflating macho Tim Allen types.

We are recovering from a crashed master hard drive. Some material, all in the unfinished and ''not-yet-useable'' catagory, was lost. Amos was not so careful with backing up as I could want. They will have to be rescanned to be re-added. I am doing back-downloads of four books to finish rebuilding. I do not expect more additions until certain index''s are finished.

But we have an upside. Majere has reported in, by sending a new updated version of the ebook software. I am busy doing doing those updates. And wonder of wonders, he sent a DVD ROM BURNER. Once I have the downloading restoral complete, the books recompiled with the new software, and the Shareware Grab Bag CDs rebuilt, I will look into making a DVD of shareware ebooks.

The Mother Earth News Issue Index has also been updated, through issue #208.

I noticed that Mother has released the second CD, the second ten years.

To the Kurt Saxon people, who use the Saxon index, there is now a two DVD set of ALL his work. Price is $100.

Sarah
skruzich
#27 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2005 6:07:27 PM

Sarah,
IF there was a lot of work on that crashed drive, I used to do data recovery and know how to possibly recover the lost data.
Amos
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2005 8:26:57 PM

Update:

The Librum Shareware Grab Bag CDs, #1 and #2 are now rereleased, having been recompiled under the new ebook software.

Details at http://www.librum.us/faq2.htm. That includes contents and registration fees, VERY reasonable.

Working on #3, and the DVD, now that I have a drive that will burn them. No price set for the DVD yet.

CD #3 will not be released soon, it is only 300M, and three books need to be finished first, COM, HHB, and UHA. These three will round out that CD nicely. On it will be the TJCB, HCOOK, HT, & WHCB which are available as custom burns.

Steve, all recovery is done. But thank you for the kind offer. I am not very educated when it comes to these things. I was told it was a 10G Scuzzy drive that threw it''s head and scored the entire surface of it''s single side disk.

Relayed signal from Majere to Mrs Ortolani. He says Thank You for the CD, and he sends apologies for not responding sooner. He is enjoying it on the long flights. We are talking to them to possibly add it to our collection.

Sarah
skruzich
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:57:01 PM

Ouch that hurts sarah. Hey, i know how i can help yall if you want, I have some scsi drives that are sitting around doing nothing. Let me see if i can find them and if you folks want them I will ship them up to you.
steve
ajortolani
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:47:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by librum

Relayed signal from Majere to Mrs Ortolani. He says Thank You for the CD, and he sends apologies for not responding sooner. He is enjoying it on the long flights. We are talking to them to possibly add it to our collection.

Sarah

Well Thank you Sarah for being so kind as to relay that message. I recently changed my "name" on this forum from ajortolani so apologise for any confusion. I am glad that I found something that Majere would enjoy!
Amos
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:04:35 PM

Cmate,

I admit I was confused. I simply did not know. Sorry for having to use your name.

Sarah
Amos
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:33:53 AM

Another Update.

The books are now available on DVD.

The books, with five exceptions are available as downloadable shareware ebooks.

The five exceptions are: COM (Cyclopedia of Mechanics), UHA (Universal Household Assistant), and HHB (Housekeepers Handy Book), as they are unfinished. SAC (Scientific American Cyclopedia) and SACOF (Scientific American Cyclopedia of Formulas) are pending upload as they are very large.

These five are available, unfinished on the CD''s and DVD.

But the big announcement: By request, the Mother Master Index section, excepting the wav files is now updated, and downloadable as a free eBook.

Come and get them!

Sarah
Big_All
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 2:04:00 AM

Does the Librum have a "Wanted" list.
I am in the used book buisness, and books such as those on the Librum are the ones that catch my eye for my own collection.
majere
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:26:33 PM

Big All,

There is a list, but I doubt thee would carry religious texts.

I do have a personal, if thee finds it. Mackenzie''s Ten Thousand Receipts, 1865. There is a 5,000 version, but looking for the later 10,000. I have one copy via Saxon''s Survivor #4, but would love an origional.

And if ebooked, it would really round out the Librums collection.

Take care,

Majere.
Amos
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:59:02 AM

Update:

COM is finished, and ebook downloadable. (Nudging Steve.)

SAC (Scientific American Cyclopedia) and SACOF (Scientific American Cyclopedia of Formulas) ebooks are now also up. (Thanks Steve!)

And a new book Log Cabins and How to Make Them, 1928 is now up, but not ebooked yet. I am still bug swatting it. All are welcome to come in and help us with the ''stomp party''.

We do have an upcoming class, so more books will be showing...

------

Big All,

We don''t have a ''wish list'' other than the MacKenzie.

The problem is that Majere donated over three thousand volumes to the new Librum over a year ago and we still have yet to even get them indexed! Never enough hours.

If you are interested in the ebooks, drop me a line. We will have some leftover old-edition DVD''s when the Log Cabins is finished, and the DVD is updated.

------

To new folks in these forums:

All are welcome to visit the Librum. www.librum.us.

Sarah
Farside
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:16:20 AM

Bug swatting - stomp party? Sounds a bit over the top for me, lol.
skruzich
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:24:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by librum

Update:

COM is finished, and ebook downloadable. (Nudging Steve.)

Nudging back :D hehe. Hi Sarah! Where have ya been sweetie!

quote:
SAC (Scientific American Cyclopedia) and SACOF (Scientific American Cyclopedia of Formulas) ebooks are now also up. (Thanks Steve!)

Anytime Sarah

Amos
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:28:54 PM

Sweetie? Oh, well, I must make allowances for English.

Farside, not the half of it. Enic is being a real pill too.

Big All, is there a title you are looking for?

Sarah.
skruzich
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:36:34 PM

ROTFL

Good to see you have a sense of humor Sarah ;)
steve
Amos
#40 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2005 8:44:44 PM

Update

New additions:

The Settlement Cookbook, 1903.
The American Farm Book, 1849 (uploading now)

Two new Mother three minute bullet LP sets are also now up.
And another on the way.

Master index also updated.

Enjoy,

Sarah