Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Fruits & Vegetable gardens in Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine Options
davisonh
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:55:43 AM

I guess the best advice I can give you is to plant stuff that has less than a 4 month growing cycle because our growing season here is very variable on where precisely you live here.It is all mountainous and in most places very acid soil.Lots of hardpan and clay.Massive boulders.You will need a lot of compost and manure,but yes it is possible to raise a very prolific vegetable garden here.You may not get started until mid to late April unless you start in a greenhouse.I started in May.

PromiseLand
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2009 6:09:36 AM

What State do you live in?

John Edward Mercier
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 3:31:30 PM

He's from SW New Hampshire and I'm from central New Hampshire.

PromiseLand
#4 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 3:31:30 PM

Fruits & Vegetable gardens in Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine   Can someone and/or more of you tell me the Pro's and Con's of living in these states, as it relates to growing a successful garden? What you can or can not grow? We are trying to decide were to homestead other than Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania. I also like these four states but am considering the three above. I would consider New York State but if I am right the taxes are a killer. 

Thank you for any input.

Users browsing this topic
Anonymous