Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

CA -> CO Options
andydufresne
#1 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2003 10:29:31 PM

Well, I am not there nor am I from there but I have been there and want to go back. If you haven''t yet you NEED to go to the top of Pikes Peak. You will know then why the lady was inspired to write the lines, "purple mountains majesty".

LOVED the area. I want to live where I am now but I WILL go back to CO. Probably next summer.
Corgitails
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:33:16 AM

I spent summers in CO as a kid and it''s GORGEOUS. Pikes Peak is okay, but go up Trail Ridge Drive from Estes Park over the mountains. And RMNP would be heaven on earth if they allowed dogs. Can''t camp without my dogs.

Cait
skruzich
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:28:49 PM

While all that is beautiful, I felt that nothing could compare to cross country sking, from Aspen colorado to Crested Butte. I used to do that by myself and loved it. There is one particular ridge that you get to, where you can see both Aspen and Crested Butte and paonia, and Gunnison Colorado. Awesome. I also used to take my vw bug, up mcclures pass near marble colorado, and at the top of the pass, you can take a right up the side of the mountain and go up to a elevation of around 14,000 feet up on the Sopris Mining Companies land. I used to go up there and set and look down the vally toward carbondale, and watch the colors change during the day. Its wild sitting up there in july with 1 - 2 feet of snow still on the ground in places, and wildflowers covering everything, and seeing the slow lazy summer spread across the valley.
I sure miss living there. too dang expensive now. :(
steve
Terri
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 08, 2003 6:56:40 PM

Colorado springs is VERY built up now, reminds me of California.

The mountains are truly lovely, and there are LOTS! of them. Soil isn''t as rich as California''s, so more ferilizer is used. Sunrises are spectacular.

A good place to live, it looks like. We considered moving there.
jazzybass
#5 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2003 3:52:12 AM

Colorado is very over priced for me but if you are interested in something close but more reasonably priced and within driving distance of Vale there is some prime property for sale in Price,Utah round $900.00 an acre in 40 acre plots if memory serves me right type in Utah property for sale in search engine and itr will come up as for sale by owner site...rusty!!!
skruzich
#6 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2003 2:28:04 PM

wow thats still high price for desert land jazzy. I used to live where your talking about. I lived over on the black mesa, over in crawford colorado, my son was born in Delta. Thats right on the state line of UTAHm, and its all desert and canyons around there.
:( Biggest problem is the cost of water or getting water, that is if you can get the rights to get the water.

steve
StreetLegal
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2003 5:07:01 AM

I didn''t care much for Vale...Georgetown was more to my liking. I really enjoyed seeing the Bighorn sheep in that area.

But I still prefer agricultural-based areas. I used to really enjoy the ranch land around Pagosa...now it''s being subdivided in "ranchettes", as they are called. I guess I can''t blame the owners for selling out...money talks.

And have you ever been on the sunny-side of a 200-acre field of sunflowers? To me, that is an awesome sight! You may have to go to West Texas to see them, but it would be worth the trip. :)
aris
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2003 5:07:01 AM

What a change that will be...to a sea-level urban Californian, Colorado seems like 'no air', 'no water', and 'no civilization'!

Anyone from CO that can disabuse me of my stuck-up notions? Please feel free to wax enthusiastic about Colorado, especially areas near the Springs.