crwmdpmr
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2003 12:20:04 AM

-
crwmdpmr
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2003 12:21:24 AM

-
dcompdk
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2003 3:26:20 AM

Anyone have info on laws governing Tennessee over being buried at your home, on your own land in a rural environment? What other factors must be considered? Is the type of death an issue? Can you be buried without being embalmed and can you be in a pine box still? I would like to have things planned out enough to reduce the cost and headache for the ones left behind
ajortolani
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2003 2:42:49 AM

Embalming was invented to stop you from rotting immeadiately so that your loved ones are''nt throwing up all over the place from the stench!
Anyone can purchase a Pine box, its just that our stupid "society" has made us all embarrassed about it as it was reserved for the J.Doe''s and what have you of the world; hence, the remaining family is looked upon as disrespecting etc.
As for being buried on your own land - god forbid! - every community all across the western world has practically outlawed it as being "unhygenic". The best way around that is to b cremated & leave instructions to have the ashes spread!
crwmdpmr
#7 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2004 8:54:03 PM

crwmdpmr
#8 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2004 9:44:30 PM

hardheaded
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:48:13 AM

do a google search or what ever search engine you like to use. the one that looked to be your best bet was www.findlaw.com
Maya
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2004 1:08:32 AM

Websites I''ve found include Ethician Family Center; How to Establish a Green Cemetery (www.ethicianfamilycemetery.org) and Mother Earth News. I''ve already contacted our State Legislator for my county, and read the state statues, mostly about standard cemeteries. I live in an intentional community near the village of Columbus, New Mexico on 157 acres of land. Membership allows you to select a lot on the land, which is held in common. We have many creative people, few who understand the business part, which always seems to fall to the same people. We do need members who understand the business aspects of running a spiritual, alternative corporation. Also, what about the deadbeats who come in? We have policies, By-Laws, Articles, but no means of enforcement! (City of the Sun Foundation, PO Box 370, Columbus, NM 88029). I''ll let you know how we progress on our own "green cemetery"
bojangles
#11 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2006 5:21:23 AM

green burials???
Nancy in Arkansas
#12 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2006 5:21:23 AM

Could you give me a quick overview ot Arkansa s laws-I want to be buried next to my child but in a simple box and no vault-no embalbing-family dig grave-body kept at home-family transport to cemetery-this town would talk about that for years--thanks Nancy