Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

2 Pages <12
Alternative Energy Sources Options
VaughnHill
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2003 5:16:10 AM

andydufresne there is a lot of water tied up in man made objects including automobiles,canned foods,and yes your septic tank. Just look at how much water must be contained in all the worlds concrete and blacktop. But of all this water it is only a fraction of the earths water. We would more likly run out of breathable air before we would run out of drinkable water.
Digging
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2003 4:01:59 PM

I reply to the forum question, I''m very interested in useing wood for heating and cooking since I have access to free huge supply! Also I remember seeing an add in Mother Earth for a wood or coal fired boiler/generator? Do any of you know much about such? IF ones electric need were low could this sever as a good way to have some power? I''m also interested in learning more about olive oil burning lamps I''ve seen in the Lemman''s non-electric cataloge? What else could one burn in such lamps?
rowdy
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2003 4:22:44 PM

nicholasn2
im very interested in the machine you mentioned in your first post i''ve never heared of it. please explain more and point me toward a web site with details if you can,
thanks
tex
dropkick
#24 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2003 4:14:13 AM

Mother built a minto machine back in the 70''s. It worked but they were unable to get an acceptable output from it.

www.motherearthnews.com/menarch/archive/goto.asp?article=040/040-101-01&ID=2635&Num=29

www.keelynet.com/minto/minto2.htm

nicholasn2
I am also interested in the zinc air batteries you mentioned. I was unaware that they were used for more than hearing aids or that they were rechargable. If you have more info or a website about them please direct me to it. thanks
crwmdpmr
#25 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2003 4:14:13 AM

It seems eveybody has an opipion about
what the future holds for the energy supply.
I think it would be very useful for different
people to tell us what their pick for the
future is, but to also list the pros and cons
they foresee if their energy choice
comes to be in our future.

Just stating you like hydrogen, methane,
etc... is not enough; state your reasoning,
as well as be objective enough to list
some cons as well.

Let the debate begin!