Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

2 Pages <12
Energy costs: I'll show you mine.... Options
aris
#21 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2003 8:54:41 PM

Heh heh. California''s mild climate is good for something besides year-round weeds after all.

My heater goes on maybe 2 weeks a year. I don''t need AC. My bill ranges between $27 and $33 a month (that low was when I turned off everything for vacation and left for a week and a half) and everything in my place runs on ''lectricity. Low-maintenance chick; I dont even blowdry my hair.
ajortolani
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2003 4:24:10 AM

[:0][:(!][:(][V]
Wow!
How is it that these charges are so out of whack? Lets all start mailing to the attorney generals of our state - unless suing the power co''s is out of favor? !!
How are they so varied? I don''t even have mine here with me but know "off-hand" that we average $200 mth plus we have oil heat which we average $400 a quarter!?![?]
Man, are we missing out on a great racket!?! Just think of how rich we could all be just by forcing them to mail us a commission - but how to do that[?]
I''m going to try to come up with something.[}:)]
Melanie M
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2003 9:41:51 PM

I love this question! I used to go next door and tell my neighbor how low my bill was (about $50 in the summer, $100 in the winter). I hang my clothes all summer, dont have a TV, run the air at 78 degrees if at all, and stay very comfortable. We have all high efficiency appliances as well. My neighbor always ran about $75 more than I did.
I''m in a suburb just out of Philadelphia.
Parker
#24 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:49:10 PM

We just moved to a new place and our first electric bill was $222. We heat with electric and our rate is about $0.06 per kW we do have 2 meters, one is for our well, that was $12.00 the rest for the house.
I called Pacific Power, (we live in Oregon) and they put us on a flat monthly rate of $169. the previous owners bill for the same period last year was $345. so I guess we are dojg something right but we have not hit the highest months of the year yet, Dec-Jan.
We do use propane for our 8 burner kitchen range and that runs on a 20# tank. I can buy LPG cheaper at the gas station then of I had it delivered to the house.
ajortolani
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2003 8:18:12 PM

[:)]
Hi Parker, welcome to the message boards[:)]
andydufresne
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:19:13 AM

When it''s not WINTER OR SUMMER my bill runs about $45. Durring Summer about 100 and during winter about $125.
Sheila
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:19:13 AM

I was just curious about what folks in other parts who are on-grid are paying for power. Here are the prices from our current utility bill (Our dinky house is about 1000 sf and we live in San Diego County, CA)

Electricity:

Our "baseline" allowance is 296 KWh. Our cost, per KWh, for those 296 KWh ranged from .07247 to .07441 over the last 30 days. For our additional usage, (204 KWh) the cost ranged from .09793 to .09987.
For our excessive use, we were charged an additional energy use charge. Up to 130% of baseline, (386 KWh for us) this charge was .06056/KWh. From 131 to 200% of baseline (114 KWh for us) the charge was .06981/KWh. So the usage over baseline ends up costing closer to .15/KWh.

Natural Gas:

Our "baseline" allowance is 14 therms per month. Our cost for those 14 therms, per therm, ranged from .88575 to .92875. For our additional usage, 17 therms, the cost ranged from 1.06209 to 1.10509/therm.

How bout you guys? What do you pay for power? Just wondering....