Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

beef butcher price Options
johnhagen
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2003 9:57:35 AM

We do our own but the locke is charging 75.00$ for the kill and 23 cents a pound hanging weight to cut and wrap.If you buy a beef from someone you will pay them around 95 cent a pound hanging weight plus the kill and wrap.You will not get the exact amount of meat as what the hanging weight is either because of bone loss and trim.
mikeg
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2003 4:07:31 PM

Thanks for the input wanted to know the current rate it has been a long time.
CntryLvnGrl
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 02, 2003 8:41:38 PM

Guess that depends on where your located mikeg. I have a friend who ranches a angus cow/calf heard here in southeastern Wisconsin. Each fall I sell a few animals for him. The going rate at our local butcher shops are $22.00 - $26.00 for killing fee, that includes hide and carcass removal. About .28 - .30 cents a pound for cutting and wrapping. Then if you want sausage or other things cased or prepared you will pay extra for that. Rate for high yield steers in our area is $1.00 - $1.10ish walking and $1.45 - $1.50ish hanging.
mikeg
#4 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2003 6:05:57 PM

Thanks I have some one that wants .95/lb for a 900 lb angus steer grass feed and I pick it up at the packing house. So for a half it will cost me $427 to the owner a killing fee and cutting and wraping cost per hanging weight to the packing house as I see it.
CntryLvnGrl
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2003 4:59:11 AM

You should have some good eats mikeg. Thats still a little feller. If you don''t mind my asking how much is your kill fee and charge for cutting and wrapping. And just one more question where are you from? I really enjoy learning about other parts of the country, you know the stuff that you can''t get from books. Enjoy your "dinner".
mikeg
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2003 4:59:11 AM

Any one have a beef processed lately. What is the going rate for cutting up beef these days.