Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

My beliefs have been shaken again... Options
andydufresne
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:16:21 AM

WHAT IN THE WORLD do a bunch of SUITS in NYC know about fish bait anyway?
skruzich
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:16:55 AM

Weeeeelll, lets just dig em up and go fishin ;)
steve
weeknee
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:54:57 AM

Id be more apt to take the advice of an old backwoods granny before id ever belive a suit who thinks roughing it is buying a used lexas.
andydufresne
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 1:24:38 AM

How bout one that thinks that roughing it is Black and White TV?
StreetLegal
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:22:43 AM

The trick (and the solution) is to not have any left-over bait!
skruzich
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:44:19 AM

I think i still have a black and white tv out in my shop. Hmmmmm it was a zenith, and it is as old as I am. ;) my dad bought it in 1961.
Steve
andydufresne
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 5:02:04 AM

I watched Neal Armstrong''s first step on the moon on a BIG black andwhite TV. Of course EVERYBODY saw it in black and white...they had no color camera on the moon.
bushwack
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:05:09 AM

Lets see an article or two about the “worms on Wall Street”
skruzich
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 5:59:02 PM

Hmm this zenith was what i watched neal armstrong walk on the moon. It was a awesome day too. My dad let us stay home from school and he even stayed home from work to watch.
Apemanevo
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:20:00 PM

If everyone fished with lures this eco-disaster could have been avoided! Lazy fishermen....
DanR
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:00:34 PM

I saw a copy of a cookbook for earthworms once. Can''t find it now. If anyone can find a copy, lets send it to th WSJ!
skruzich
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:40:47 PM

But Apemanevo, those lures take energy to make, produced by petroleum based products. So the lures are contributing to the overall problem. Takes petroleum to transport and distribute to these fishermen.
Actually I have never seen a forest that didn''t have earthworms. Thats where i go to get my earthworms.

StreetLegal
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:40:47 PM

Well well well...Seems the poster-child of all that is good in the universe-the earthworm-is responsible for altering eco-systems in the forests of Minnesota and Canada.

They are being blamed for the disappearance of all organic matter from the forest floor, leaving only dirt. And of course, evil man ([}:)]) and his activities-transplanting plantlife, driving their vehicles, dumping their fishbait-are being blamed for introducing earthworms into areas where (apparently) mother nature never intended them to be.

This according to an article in today's Wall Street Journal.