Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Public Land Titles Options
bram59
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2003 4:29:03 PM

By the way, the website is www.governmentland.com
skruzich
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2003 4:50:46 PM

Remember Bram59, you get what you pay for in this world. I doubt VERY seriously you can get land for 20 bucks plus, there will more than likely be many many restrictions on it.
I think there was a thread on here discussing it.
Here it is.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1089

Steve
bram59
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2003 5:54:54 PM

Thanks Steve, that stuff is very usefull

However, if it is a scam or at the very least a waste of 20 bucks, why does Mother provide a link to it? I would expect a little more out of her.

Ray
skruzich
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2003 9:17:54 PM

Hi Bram,
Because they are not about to turn away the advertising fees they charge. I do believe they have a disclaimer saying that they don''t necessarily endorse the advertisers and to exercise caveate emptor!
skruzich
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2003 9:21:33 PM

crz,
they are not in realestate business. They are selling information you can get for free from the BLM or firstgov.gov for free. No scam involved since your only getting information for your 20 bucks, they don''t guarantee you will get land for a buck a acre.
Also majere pointed out that there are severe restrictions on most of the govt lands that are for sale, AND if there is a building on these lands, they are not included as they are managed under a different authority. Plus if you find truely cheap land, i think i saw some for 20 bucks a acre out in utah, guess what, where you going to get water for your land. The water rights are not there, or sold, or no water at all available.
You can''t drill a well if you don''t own water rights out west.
Lots of nice little tricks involved.
steve
cherterr
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:07:50 PM

You all might also be interested in Land Patents:
www.teamlaw.org
skruzich
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2003 7:10:13 PM

Cherterr,
After going through every site i could find on land patents, I found some information that you might ought to read concerning them. I found that the courts, will NOT recognize a land patent that is given from owner to himself. The land is also still subject to taxations, liens,and levies since it leaves the federal ownership and transfers to non federal ownership.

My sites that give this info are,
http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/protcase/nixon.htm

and the BLM itself who manages land patents.

http://www.co.blm.gov/arethere.htm

I''ve heard that if I re-record a patent for land on which my home sits, with the County Clerk and Recorder, I won''t have to pay taxes, won''t need to deal with zoning laws, and won''t need a passport. Is that true?

No. Land title passed from the federal government to nonfederal ownership becomes subject to taxation, planning, and zoning under state and local government laws.

I have noticed that everyone that is talking about land patents, are selling the information, and NO one is taking any responsibility for the information they are teaching. If you look at all of their information, it has a disclaimer that they are not lawyers, that they are trying to teach others how to read the law. Now, If you go to court, and try to exercise the land patent and reclaim the land for any reason, your going to get a ruling against you as in the case listed above at the first link and will be fined for it. Your right to reclaim damages is nullified due to the fact that you cannot sue someone who you take advice from who is not a licensed or practicing attorney, which would end up in a malpractice suit.

This teamlaw.org is clever in its appearance. I just am afraid that it is another elaborate scheme. You can''t argue with case law that sets precedence in that matter. ALL land patent cases will be compared against that case. Original Land patent holders might have a chance to win, but anyone having a land patent issued on their property won''t.

Read the above case and then contact those folks at teamlaw and ask them why the courts would not allow a land patent if what they say is truth.

Just wanted to alert you to the possiblity of a fraud being committed against you.
steve
paratrooper
#8 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2003 3:49:57 AM

Perhaps if you start keeping track of towns or counties that have auctions to dispose of properties that have been taken for tax or other reasons . A friend of mine bought such a property in Clark,South Dakota . It was too cold to look at it but for $50 bucks he figured "how good could it be ?" Well , a few weeks later he went back and found it . He knew it was a mistake so he went to City Hall to get the RIGHT address . They verified the address so he went back to be sure that was in fact the address he had looked at . It was the right address . He had bought a store in the middle of town that had a fully functioning boiler in the basement . The building was as solid as a rock .
I can''t guarantee the same results BUT if you figure out what you MIGHT want you can start looking in an area that you would be happy in . Good luck .
skruzich
#9 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2003 12:22:26 PM

Hmm that is a good idea. But you also have to be careful your not buying any property that is indebted with a bond. Alot of people got screwed that way up in denver colorado area, where people up and left houses, county took them for taxes, when sold at auction, the new owners found they had a massive bond lien against the properties for the roads and utilities the city put in.
needless to say they walked away and the state took the land again for taxes.
bram59
#10 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2003 12:22:26 PM

I saw a link in Mother's homesteading section to a web site talking about Public Land Titles. It said that any legal US citizen, 18 or older, could purchase 20 acres of government land for a dollar an acre. Of course, to gain any information you must first pay the twenty dollars. Has anyone out there heard of this? Is it simply a scam; to good to be true so? My wife and I are just starting out (I'm 22 and she's 21) and we really want to get out of the city life (We live in Denver right now). If this is worth it I'll look into it, but I would love to hear some feedback from Mother's community.
Thanks, Ray