Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Horizontal drill Options
pate20135
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:37:06 AM

Ray,

As to ''horizontal drilling'', thee may want to check out the message thread about rock splitting. The hydrodrill filks make some, but they mount in a bed of a pickup.

As to water rams, I fired a search through the online indexes here. See signature for url.

Countryside and Small Stock Journal, 86/1, Jan/Feb 2002 is the latest indexed reference to ''Water Ram'' in the indexes.

Best however was done by Mother. #57, page 120. 1979. Complete parts breakdown. No, we don''t have a spare copy of that issue. Would suggest microfilm or microfiche to get that article. There was also, at one time, a plan.

Thee might want to also call Mother, speak to Heidi, she may be able to swing a reprint of that article if thy local library does not have it on film.

Take care,

Pate
DanR
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2003 2:52:01 PM

Ray:

I agree with Pate, go to your local library. If they do not have, either a copy or the microfilm, ask if they can obtain it through Interlibrary Loan. You will probibly surprise them with the request, but it can be done. If you live near a large research library, that may be the place to go look first.
skruzich
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2003 3:49:43 PM

Hi yall,
I found this at the LOC and you can take it to your local library, and have them request it from the Library of Congress. I don''t think it is what pate was referring to in issue 57, ( i still haven''t found it yet) but it might have what you want.
steve

LC Control Number: 75325228
Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
Brief Description: The Mother earth news handbook of homemade power / by the staff of the Mother earth news.
Toronto ; New York : Bantam Books, 1974.
ix, 374 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.
skruzich
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2003 4:01:54 PM

Heres another one with all the info to get from your local library. Just take this info to the library and they will get it for you.

LC Control Number: sv 88042035
Type of Material: Serial (Periodical, Newspaper, etc.)
Brief Description: Countryside & small stock journal.
Waterloo, WI.
ISSN: 0363-8723

Pate do you have a issn number for the issue 57??

ray tucker
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2003 3:39:18 AM

Thanks for the info. As soon as hay season is over I will research the leads you have given me. Thanks, Ray
pate20135
#6 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2003 1:16:30 AM

Steve, no ISSN found on it on the tmen issue. Sorry.

And we have the Homemade Power book. That was a ''lone print special'', not an issue. Not what he needs, unfortuneatly. I see that one quite often on EBay. It was one of Mothers most reprinted specials.

Ray, we did get another shipment of material, I checked, still no dupe of that issue, so sorry. I did get a lead on a Mothers water ram set of plans, but when followed was an incomplete set. Sorry.

Take care,

Pate

Pate
skruzich
#7 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2003 3:53:13 PM

Ok pate, I was thinking it would make it easier for me to find that issue. I am not sure if my grandmother will have that issue but I am going to go up there in a couple weeks and try and talk her out of her issues. She has had them for many years too. Probably some of the issues from the 70''s and 80''s up until they went bankrupt.
Personally they were better magazines at that time as they didn''t have half the magazine in ads.
Steve
andydufresne
#8 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2003 7:04:14 PM

AND, Steve, does anybody else miss the PLOWBOY Interview?
ray tucker
#9 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2003 7:04:14 PM

Does anyone have any information on horizontal spring drills. I want to drill into the side of a hill and create a man made spring. Also does anyone have any info on building homemade RAM pumps.[?] ray tucker