Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

pebble floor Options
skruzich
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2003 1:54:26 AM

it is probably concrete using pea gravel in it instead of granite gravel, and they work the top and bring it to a cream, then take a hose and wash off the mortar which will expose teh pea gravel. Then they wait a bit and roll it down with a heavy roller.
steve
srj
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2003 2:52:47 AM

hey weeknee i have seen this product marketed here a driveway/carport makeover i was told it''s a fine pea gravel set in clear epoxy ,very good wear & easy cleanup ,,,sorry to short on time run down links
tc ray
srj
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2003 4:16:13 AM

maybe as Steve says then the epoxy is applied over i have some info here somewhere i think will try to find
tc ray
weeknee
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2003 2:25:21 AM

The epoxy thing sounds like its right on the money cuz there were intricate designs like a mosaic
StreetLegal
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2003 3:47:29 AM

I''ve seen some of that epoxy handiwork...but I''ve never seen any of it that lasts. UV is pure he** on epoxy.

Before you invest in that product, I''d suggest you ask about UV resistance. If you are using it indoors and out of the sun, I can''t see why it wouldn''t last forever.
mikeg
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2003 3:37:59 AM

There is a produdct out there that is used around swimming pools, On a sight seeing trip a few years back I was at the south fork ranch in Dallas. All around the pool there was the same thing but it wasn''t solid it was firm and would hold weight but water would run right thru it. It looked like wet pea gravel all the time. Ground water would not run into the pool just soak in.
srj
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2003 5:52:02 AM

sorry weeknee i guess the info got pitched ,if they have home shows in your area ya could prob get the same info,,maybe do a search for driveway epoxy many sites listed for the search string,
tc ray
cordwoodguy
#8 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2003 12:18:29 AM

WEEKNEE.......I`VE SEEN THE PRODUCT AND SOME OF THE OTHER REPLIES ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.
ITS A FINE SMOOTH STONE SET IN AN EPOXY.I KNOW A GUY WHO INSTALLS IT AROUND SWIMMING POOLS.
I`VE SEEN IT USED ON EXTERIOR STEPS AS WELL.IT HELD UP TO THE WINTER IN EAST COAST CANADA VERY WELL.
I`VE SEEN IT ON BASEMENT FLOORS AS WELL.BOTH WERE DONE IN PATERNS.NICE STUFF!

CORDWOODGUY
weeknee
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2003 12:13:16 PM

thanx for all the info. hopefully i can find some info on the net and decide if this things for me.
weeknee
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2003 12:13:16 PM

I went to the grand opening of a certain overpriced motorcycle dealer today and was left largely unimpressed...except for the floor. Yes,folks..20 grand plus bikes all around and im checkin out the floor. I thought it was carpet at first but then seen it was made of small pebbles. They were about the size of pea gravel and rolled very flat. They were,i belive,glued down with some kind of sealer over the whole thing. Has anyone seen this before? It looked like it would hold up forever. Does anyone have any info on a floor of this type? Thanx for the input.[}:)]