Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Where did all the recipes go? Options
The Big Lebowski
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 2:23:33 AM

Well maybe .....and remember I just said maybe, .according to what I have been reading in different posts here and on other sites Obama  is most likely the culprit that took them......
grandmadiane
#2 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 7:08:31 PM

I guess I hdn't looked for any, so I didn't realize that they were gone. It would be a shame to lose them all. There was quite a collection of recipes through the years. Perhaps you should ask Heidi. They might have been another casualty of their switch to a different server. I think I enjoyed the recipes the most.
Diane
courtney.972
#3 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2008 2:09:53 PM

Ingredients

1 13-Pound WHOLE TURKEY fresh or thawed
1 Medium onion quartered
1 lemon quartered
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon dried thyme
1 Teaspoon dried tarragon
1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 325.

Remove giblets and neck from turkey and reserve for broth.

Rinse turkey with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Place onion and lemon quarters in neck and body cavities.

In a small bowl, mix oil with herbs, salt and pepper. With your finger tips, gently loosen skin from the breast without pulling off the skin.

Place 1 tablespoon of herb mixture under skin; replace skin. Rub cavities and outside of turkey with remaining herb mixture.

Secure the neck skin to the back with skewers. Fold wings under back of turkey. Place legs in tucked position. May be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for several hours.

Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (no more than 2-1/2 inches) deep roasting pan. Insert an oven-safe thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the bone.

Cover bird with a loose tent of foil. Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for about 2-1/2 hours.

Remove foil and baste bird with pan juices. Continue to roast for about another hour until meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F. in the thigh.

Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving. Transfer to a large platter and serve with gravy.

Note: Yields 18 servings at 6 ounces per portion.
ginger71
#4 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 9:02:49 PM

Hi Steve,

What recipe were you looking for?

kybarrels
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:01:19 PM

Oopsie bread.

For all of us that know the dangers of modern wheat flour. I have a recipe for Oopsie bread. It's made from eggs and cheese.

I've lost 153 pounds in the past 24 months by cutting the wheat and sugars out of my diet. I eat lots of meat and fat. When I want a burger or hotdog I make oopsie bread.  I hope you enjoy it.

Oopsie  Buns

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Don't stack on top of each other, they will stick together. This is fine if you want a thicker bun. I use wax paper or parchment paper to but between them.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. We spice it up with garlic.

Makes 6  rolls.

skruzich
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:01:19 PM

Ok what happened to the recipes?  There was hundreds of them in this forum thread that we put in over the years!