Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

5 gallon bucket tomatoes Options
sea_goin_dude
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:44:42 AM

HELLO AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT LIKES TOMATO SANDWICHS?  /WorkArea/threadeddisc/emoticons/angry.png  
seekswondernwisdom
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:43:59 PM

Tomato plants grown in containers are a challenge.  Understand there are two types of tomato plants and first you need to chose a variety that grows better in containers. A tomato plant in ground will spread out its roots out some 4 feet and down 4 feet.  In my desert area a tomato plant in a container can use up to 3 gallons of water per day.  The more you water the more you wash out your nutrients! Tomato plants are heavy feeders you probably need a diluted fertilizer  concentration much more often!

To automate the process google homemade version 'earthbox' or check out 'easiestgarden.com'  or sharingsustainablesolutions.org  (global buckets).

Best of luck

Seeks or whatever is left of me

sea_goin_dude
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:43:59 PM

My dad used to grow tomatos in 5 gal buckets. I tried but had no luck. HELP>>>

What kind of soil do i need, do i need rocks in bottom for drainage, etc. How often to water and should they be in full sun or can they be in shade?

I love "mater samiches"

My dad used to get hunderds or maters from 20 buckets. Furnished the whole neighborhood with "maters".

Users browsing this topic
Anonymous
Forum Jump