Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

transplanting ginseng Options
Frosty
#1 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 10:31:45 AM

Never tried it personally, but if you do a web search for 'transplant ginseng' there are a bunch of sites saying things like 'ginseng is grown from seeds, seedlings, or roots', and a bunch of folks with roots for sale so my guess is that it takes to transplanting well.  Hope it works for you!

Durgan
#2 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 11:44:50 AM

Frosty wrote:

Never tried it personally, but if you do a web search for 'transplant ginseng' there are a bunch of sites saying things like 'ginseng is grown from seeds, seedlings, or roots', and a bunch of folks with roots for sale so my guess is that it takes to transplanting well.  Hope it works for you!

Ginseng is grown commercially in my area, and there is a store selling it in various forms.The area used to be used for tobacco growing, but the governments are phasing tobacco out. Apparently it has been determined that tobacco is harmful, which is a surprise to no-one. The taxes collected are overwhelmed by the payout for the adverse health costs associated with tobacco. The Ontario Governemnt has undertaken a 50 billion dollar law suit to offset health costs over the last forty year, yet tobacco is still grown in the Province. An amazing hyprical stance to say the least.

From my research Ginseng is not harmful, but is totally benign as to health benefits. All claims of beneficial effects are anecdotal. Clinical studies, the few that have been undertaken, indicate absolutely nothing beneficial. One wouldn't know this, judging by the price for various chunks.

Frosty: How is the double digging going?

John Stiles
#3 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 11:44:50 AM

Hi,

does anyone know about transplaning ginseng? I'm about to plant some seeds and want to know if I can plant them in a bed for a couple years. Or if I should place them where they are to stay. My goals is not production but small experimental and ornamental and maybe some seeds eventually.

then,