Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

replacing milk with another healthy drink Options
Mira Dessy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:14:09 PM

Herbal teas.  Many of them are very flavorful and appealing to the younger palate.  They're great iced or hot.  I love roiboos peach tea as an iced tea in the summertime.  And, of course, serve plain, no sugar needed.

Calendula
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 3:41:54 PM

What about fresh juice? My Lil'un likes to juice her own, loving the juicer.. and you can hide veggies & vitamins in it too..

We also make a pot of herbal tea in the morning, then i add a little honey when it's still warm, and throw it in the fridge for the day.  I find the kids will drink it when i change the name from "herbal iced tea"  to "Superhero Juice" I change the herbs depending on the kids ie. peppermint if there nose is runny etc. I do the same with coffee for me.

In a pinch I'll add Berries or fruit to a pitcher of water.. for a little flavor.

Karisma
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:47:38 AM

We drink a lot of green tea and white tea.  Juice in limited amounts, just make sure that it is 100% fruit juice.  If you have a juicer that would be better.  Try to stay away from sodas, sports drinks, and diet drinks.  Also, don't believe everything you hear about milk.  If you can get raw milk, it has many health benefits, regardless of what some people may tell you.

Michelle
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:47:38 AM

Hi everyone! I just learned that milk is not all its cracked up to be. however that is all my kids drink besides water. Can any of you recommend a drink that is healthy and not loaded with sugar that would be okay to drink all the time? I learned that I would get more calcium from vegetables such as broccoli, spinach and asparagus. So I just need a drink for my kids to have besides water. Thanks.