Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

"Creative" Keep Out Signs? Options
martingr
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 04, 2008 4:40:37 PM

John,

Some of the signs I have seen, simply state, " Sorry this is Private property, permission is needed from landowner before entering" Name, address, ph #. There are many sign companies that make posted signs just Google them.

Gary

walton2010
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:48:53 PM

In the US, you want to not only post signs for the wandering vagrant, but also government officials that may be overstepping their legally bound duties.

In all 50 states, a government representative cannot step foot upon your property unless they have your permission or a warrant.  Even in conducting their regular "duties"  

Your "no tresspasing" signs should speak to this.

Also, a note to the bit too loose minded folk that the "share all and be happy" state of the world only lives in their minds.  Quite a few landowners will answer tresspasers with deadly force, and many courts will uphold any challenge to that.  Keep in mind that in most states, it is far better in the relm of legal liability for a landowner to kill a treasspaser (read that as "robber" or person that is viewed as possibly doing harm to life and property--when you're dead, you can't very well argue that you were just taking a walk) than to wound them.  It may sound stark and unreal, but it is the way it is.  Not something to take lightly.

John Edward Mercier
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:38:42 PM

Better check your State laws.

In NH, your exclusive right to property is deeded title from the State. A warrantless search means that nothing garnered can be used in a criminal investigation, but doesn't even allow for the mere threat of force against a government official or even a private party.

practicalman45
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:22:48 AM

NOTICE:

PRIVATE PROPERTY

Any person entering this private property must hold contract with owner and/or tenant which grants ingress with indemnity.

NO TRESPASS

INCLUDING ALL INDIVIDUALS, PUBLIC /CORPORATE OFFICIALS,

THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES or FRANCHISES THERE OF:

This puts you on NOTICE that the owner and/or tenant of this property requires that all Public/Corporate Officials, their Agents, Employees, or Franchises thereof abide by provisions of the Supreme Law of the Land: The Constitution for the united states of America.

Trespasser - One who intentionally and without consent enters another’s property.

Criminal Trespass - Entering or remaining upon or in any land, structure, or transportation device when such premises or property are posted in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.

Acts done under color of any law carry the same restrictions as any other criminal trespass . USC Title 42, Sec. 1983

BE WARNED!! USC Title 18, Sec. 3109 STRICTLY ENFORCED!! (The owner of this property may use force to remove those who trespass!!!)

The penalty for Trespass is a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisoned for not more than ten years, or both. USC Title 18, Sec. 241 & 242.

Signature _______________________________________

practicalman45
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:36:11 AM

Despite trying several times I cannot get the forum post to NOT format the fonts down to small...

The tools say you can choose that, and I tried, several times but to no avail.

My original has the largest fonts on   "No Trespass", and then on "Private Property"

The lines are in  "centered" format.

The words chosen are all from Black's legal dictionary. The US Code statutes quoted are actual laws.

This notices serves as legal in courts, using all the correct language and terms.

practicalman45
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:55:21 AM

If  you would like an accurate copy of the Word file document? email me. I'll return you an email with the "Word doc"  attached.

I put that file onto a CD and took it to a local print shop.

They made me a print, adding a border, and using  "fade proof" ink. I had them make it up 11"X14" size including the border.  I signed the copies with indelible marker, and then had them laminated between plastic sheets. They charged me under $3/each for all of that. By my gates the signs are mounted onto plywood with plexiglass screwed over them. At the house and shop I just printed my own smaller copies and tape them inside the windows by the doors.

Sarah/Librum
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:12:36 PM

Add this to the mix...

We had a very bad incident with some Jehovah's Witness not respecting the signs.  The lawyer enclave in Pa has put out a new sign, and updated wordage:

"No Trespassing

No Solicitors

No Peddling

No Canvassing

No Religious Solicitation.

If individuals call on a home or enter the grounds around a home where the above language is posted they may be subject to criminal prosecution and resulting monetary sanctions and/or incarceration.  They also face being sued b the householder.  Ruling of the United States Supreme Court."

Sarah

John Rockhold
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:12:36 PM

If you have a "beautiful" keep out or no trespassing sign, as Allan Stellar suggests, please show us photos of it at cu.MotherEarthNews.com.

prospectorguy@gmail.com
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:06:10 PM

The sign I have around my property states:

Is there Life after Death?

Trespass here and find out.