Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Tracking your car's MPG Options
greengirl77
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:19:32 AM

Have you ever wondered if the sticker on the car is accurate, or your car computer is really reading your MPG correctly?

My husband has created a website that is very easy to use and helpful to track your car's miles per gallon called www.FuelClinic.com .

Next time you are at the pump, just print out the receipt, write your current odometer miles on the receipt and when you log on to your computer go to www.fuelclinic.com the website really does all the work for you!  You will find out how much money you are spending daily, monthly and how many miles you are getting per day/month, etc.  It is a great tool, I use to use a little notebook I stashed in my glovebox and have to do the math in it every once in a while, but this site does all the hard work for me.

The goal for me was to watch my mpg to see if anything was happening with the car, but watching your mpg can do much more than that for you. Now I check to see how much I am spending in gas and how much I should anticipate putting into my budget for fuel, maintenance, etc.

Now, we are working on the meat of the website...the clinics.  We would like to put together some information videos to help drivers become more efficient.  This will be available to all users and most likely will also go up on YouTube as well.

Maybe we can get more drivers to eco-drive and lower or need for so much oil!!  Will you help us get this website going by voting for us on ideablob? We have an opportunity to win some money by presenting an idea to the masses...we are just looking for some funding to continue building the site and make the videos and hopefully it will spread ...tell your friend and family about www.fuelclinic.com today! Together we can make a difference!

Vote for us here: 
http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/3713-Teach-Fuel-Efficient-Driving-Sk

We would love to hear your feedback as well! Thanks.