Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Where to look for land? Options
tittiger
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:46:36 PM

Rufus,

I am trying to form a communal homestead in SE Oklahoma. Check out what I propose at:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcmqs8s2_147q8gx8kd2

Take care,

Joe

mrgreenjeans
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:49:27 AM

i dont see what the beef is . about every where i go there is land dirt cheap. i was in N Y recently and saw alot of land in the 5 to 7hunderd range . its raw land but alot of it. there was some very cheap land in goergia last year and even some steals in california. if you dont want to live in the belt buckle of the bible belt (oklahoma). there are plenty of places.

Rufus Cracklecorn
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:49:27 AM

I'd been looking in southern Ozarks for 4 years before I bought this old house in Heber Springs, Ar. Everywhere in Arkansas the cost of land is too much for me because of retired people with a lot of money and people in the bigger towns here who want a weekend place in the hills. After I fix and sell this house I'm giving up on the hills and going somewhere I can get 40 acres. Its 2,000 -2,5000 acre here for reference. I'm wondering about rural kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma. It too crowded back east and too cold further north. Too many mosquitos down out of the hills in southern Arkansas Any ideas? I'm going to have to work. I'm a machinist, welder, industrial maintenance guy. Or are there any women "with land" looking for a handy guy?