Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

lost recipe Options
Frosty
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:39:54 AM

Funny you should ask that... just last week, DH brought home a cookbook from folks in his job across the state.  This recipe was there:

Instant Hot Chocolate Mix

1 8 Quart box instant milk

2 pound*

1 8 ounce jar non-dairy creamer

1 C powdered sugar

Directions:

Mix in large container. Use 3 tsp per cup of boiling water, or syronger to taste.

* The recipe just said 2 pound, I think it meant cocoa?  Since it's an instant hot chocolate mix, and doesn't list cocoa, I think that would be what the 2 pound is... That is what caught my attention and made me laugh, a hot chocolate mix that doesn't have chocolate listed?  Hmmm... Anyhow, you may be able to scale the recipe down and try it.  Hope it works for you!

Shirley in ND

Edited to add:  Welcome to Mother Earth!

grandmadiane
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:06:00 AM

Here's a recipe that I found.

Cocoa Mix

INGREDIENTS 

• 6 1/2 cups powdered milk
  • 1 (5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
  • 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa. Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars. Seal, and decorate as desired. These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.
  2. Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water.

Heidi
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:36:34 PM

Here is the recipe I have used:  2 cups dry milk

1/4 cup cocoa

1/3 cup dry coffee creamer, like Creamora

1 cup powdered sugar

Mix and store. I have found out that when making a large batch, if I didn't use is up, it got a funny taste to it, like the plastic container I had it stored in. So now I make this smaller batch. Hope this helps. Heidi

leshot
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:36:34 PM

I have lost a recipe that I have had for years and sure do miss it. I was hoping someone could help me with this. It is a recipe for making a hot chocolate mix. It uses cocoa, powered milk, coffee creamer,and powered sugar.

Can anyone out there please help me, my family sure misses their hot coco.

Thanks for your help.

Ron Showalter