Logged in as: Anonymous Search | Active Topics |

Solar water well 2100 gallons per day Options
diy water well
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:17:55 AM

I did much research for water for our new house. I thought i wanted a wind mill, but the wind mills cost 4500.00 and up, plus shipping cost and what if your wind zone is poor. One more  thing renting a crane to errect the windmill, or find a wine-o who will climb high in the air, plus evertime it needs service you have to climb up in the air again. I found some thing much better. Surflo makes a great D/C pump and one 80w solar panel. We already drilled our own well from the DIY ideas we got from the free solar panel site, www.drillingfab.com   . We installed the D/C pump and solar panel in less than 1 hour- wow...  It's like having your very own day light free running spring. As long as you have day light it pumps. free water... We added a plasitic water tank on legs, now we even have water pressure. We built the water tank tower out of used drill pipe 2 3/8 like the sell at steel yards. We put tank on it enty, then used the tractor to set it up by pulling it with rope, WHEeeeeeee, that was scarry. It works so well, we will be drilling another well on our mountain land and adding water there also. total cost for Pump was about 685.00 from drillingfab, and the used solar panel was free. A new 80 watt panel is around 425.00, so even if you bought everything new, you could buy 4 or more before it would equal one windmill.

Users browsing this topic
Anonymous
Forum Jump