Water is life. Finding ease and predictability with irrigation makes growing so much more pleasurable! In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to take advantage of rainwater
- Easy plumbing basics: know what to order for your needs
- 3 basic rules of thumb to figure out how much irrigation you need
- When each type of crop likes to take its biggest drink of water
- What level of irrigation investment is worth it for your growing space
Stacey Murphy is a radical systems designer who loves growing delicious food, and has run a five-member community-supported agriculture (CSA) program out of a 600-square-foot backyard in Brooklyn, N.Y. She is the founder of BK Farmyards, a decentralized urban farmer collective in Brooklyn, as well as Farmyard Bootcamp, an online agricultural training ground. She has initiated urban farms and CSA programs, curated online and on-the-ground agricultural and entrepreneurial trainings, and co-created hands-on, holistic food systems classes for high school students in Brooklyn. As a real foods advocate, she has been featured in Family Circle, on Martha Stewart Radio, on David Letterman and has been a finalist twice in the Buckminster Fuller Institute Challenge.
Visit www.ashevillage.org for more information.