The Digital Wood Carver was introduced by engineer, Burl Tichenor, to the woodworking and engraving industry. Using CNC technology, the Digital Wood Carver can produce a variety of details including 3D shapes, V-carving and pocketing text or figures.
Geared for woodworkers, custom engravers, craftsman and sign designers, this Digital Wood Carver includes the carving head and table. It has onboard software to program artwork, text, or freestyle designs. The computerized carver moves to the exact location on the wood to make the desired design.
Digital Wood Carver Cutting Head Specifications
- 2hp Full Size router with soft start and variable speed
- Z axis (height) uses acme thread that can produces up to 90 inches per minute in rapid movement
- Spindle cam lock for bit changes
- Optional dust collection system for keeping work area clean
Digital Wood Carver Table Specifications
- A large 40”x24” cutting area (X and Y) with 4 ¼” Z axis
- Harden polished chrome rods with heavy duty linear bearings. X is 1” rods, Y and Z rods 3/4”
- Precise gear tooth timing belt to drive X and Y axis
- Up to 275 inches per minute in rapid movement
Digital Wood Carver Control System Specifications
- 4 axis stepper motor driver
- Diagnostic indicators for troubleshooting
- Fan cooled
- Relay system which controls the on/off functions of the spindle and vacuum controlled by software
- 36 volt power supply
Customers of The Digital Wood Carver have experienced success with their carving creations. John Malinowski from Michigan says, "It is so satisfying designing and making stuff with this machine that I have a hard time going to sleep because I'm thinking of interesting ways to use the machine. I was working on the CNC last night till midnight."
According to Burl Tichenor, owner and engineer, “you are only limited by your imagination and the Digital Wood Carver creates woodworking details like never before.”
The Digital Wood Carver is available for immediate purchase through the company’s website http://www.digitalwoodcarver.com/.
About the Digital Wood Carver: Burl Tichenor has been a woodworker for 25 years and enjoys making individual items for those close to him. The Digital Wood Carver (DWC) was designed in order to add unique touches and personalize projects to make them special. The Digital Wood Carver is quickly earning a reputation for allowing woodworkers and other craftsman to create their own masterpieces.
This press release is presented without editing for your information. MOTHER EARTH NEWS does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.