FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Make green living a reality at the Mother Earth News Fair
200-plus seminars and hands-on workshops will cover the gamut of environmentally friendly living
TOPEKA, Kan. (Aug. 30, 2010) — Want to simplify your life, save money on utility bills or protect your family’s food supply? These goals also help the planet but sometimes require help to reach.
The Mother Earth News Fair, slated for Sept. 25-26 at Seven Springs Mountain Resort near Pittsburgh, will offer more than 200 sessions on real food, renewable energy, organic gardening, green building and remodeling, DIY projects, homesteading, small-scale livestock, green transportation, and related topics.
Featured speakers and topics include:
- Chip Beam – build a wood-fueled car
- Sherri Brooks Vinton – canning salsas, low-sugar jams and non-cucumber pickles
- Dr. Jaclyn Chasse – top 10 herbs for women’s health; a natural approach to a healthy pregnancy; America’s trouble with herbs panel
- Holly Childs – financial incentives for going green: tax credits, grants and loans; green building primer: green or greenwashing; experts’ panel
- K.C. Compton – build a strong immune system naturally; protect your aging eyes with inexpensive supplements; America’s trouble with herbs panel
- Dan Chiras – introduction to solar electricity; passive solar electricity; passive solar heating
- Cindy Conner – plan a sustainable vegetable garden; manage cover crops with hand tools
- Dr. Kevin Danaher – green careers are the future; green jobs panel
- Carol Ekarius – poultry breeds
- Teri Ferrin Balch and Larry D. Robertson – seed-saving basics and plant breeding
- Richard Freudenberger – small-scale alcohol fuel; basic passive solar design; experts’ panel
- Robyn Griggs Lawrence – making inexpensive natural cleaners; experts’ panel
- Kathy Harrison – acquiring food for food preservation; root cellaring; drying food; pressure canning
- Nathan Kipnis – post-Peak Oil architecture; design eye for the green guy; experts’ panel
- Deborah Niemann-Boehle – bread baking; soap making
- Barbara Pleasant – starter vegetable gardens; easy composting; editors’ Q&A panel
- Andy Pressman – small-plot-intensive farming concepts, plantings, tools and infrastructure
- Ryan Rowinski – urban farming policy
- Ira Wallace – fall and winter gardening; growing and preserving heirloom tomatoes
- James Zitting – simplified, sustainable beekeeping
Attendees also can take part in a green shopping pavilion; vendor, livestock and craft demonstrations; artisan food tastings; local and organic food offerings; live music; a seed swap; and children’s projects.
Tickets cost $15 for a one-day adult pass or $25 for both days. Children and teenagers under 17 are free. To order, go to http://tickets.7springs.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=69 or call (800) 234-3368.
Call (866) 437-1300 for lodging information and reservations at Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
The Mother Earth News Fair is sponsored by Toyota, Polaris, Stonyfield Farm, Central Boiler, Long Creek Herbs, Mother Earth Resources Co-Op and My Amish Goods.
About Mother Earth News
Mother Earth News (www.MotherEarthNews.com) is the Original Guide to Living Wisely. Topics include organic gardening, do-it-yourself projects, cutting energy costs, using renewable energy, green home building and rural living.
About Ogden Publications Inc.
Ogden Publications Inc. (www.OgdenPubs.com) is the leading information resource serving the sustainable living, rural lifestyle, farm memorabilia and classic motorcycle communities. Key brands include Mother Earth News, Natural Home, Utne Reader, Capper’s and Grit. Ogden Publications also provides insurance and financial services through its Capper’s Insurance Service division.
About Seven-Star Inc.
Seven-Star Inc. (www.sevenstarevents.com) is the nation’s largest full-service event company focusing exclusively on green events. Since 1999, Seven-Star has provided turnkey green event services for trade and consumer expositions, conferences, concerts and mobile tours, including the 2008 Democratic National Convention, Live Earth concert events and the Green Festivals.
About Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Seven Springs Mountain Resort (www.7springs.com), located in Seven Springs, Pa., is the perfect place for family vacations that create lifelong memories. Each year the family-friendly resort hosts more than 1 million overnight and day guests, who enjoy a vacation that includes the finest skiing, snowboarding and golf that Pennsylvania has to offer, the exhilaration of sporting clays, and the luxurious Trillium Spa.
# # #
Andrew Perkins, event manager: (785) 274-4378, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandy Ernzen, brand manager: (785) 274-4304, email@example.com, Twitter: @bernzen
FOLLOW MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR:
Updates via e-newsletter: http://www.MotherEarthNews.com/fairupdates