FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Green building experts nailed down for Mother Earth News Fair
20-plus workshops show how to design, build and decorate environmentally friendly homes
TOPEKA, Kan. (Aug. 30, 2010) — With so much information out there about green building products, tax incentives and certifications, how do you know what is truth … and what options are best for you?
At the Mother Earth News Fair, slated for Sept. 25-26 at Seven Springs Mountain Resort near Pittsburgh, attendees interested in green building can choose from more than 20 hands-on demonstrations and seminars on everything from understanding financial incentives for green building to understanding LEED standards.
Scheduled green building speakers and topics include:
- Albert Bates – building a cathedral arch
- Revone R. Bauwens – my green home
- Holly Childs – financial incentives for going green: tax credits, grants and loans; green building primer: green or greenwashing; experts’ panel
- Eric Elizondo – green home design overview (two parts); getting started with a complex building or renovating project; experts’ panel
- Stewart Elliott – timber framing
- Robyn Griggs Lawrence – making natural cleaners for pennies; experts’ panel
- Jessica Kellner – low-debt homes: considering financial sustainability; simplify your life
- Nathan Kipnis – post-Peak Oil architecture; design eye for the green guy; experts’ panel
- Chris Magwood – amazing sustainable building projects; learn to think sustainably when it comes to building; experts’ panel
- Angus Macdonald – DIY construction of solar and energy-efficient homes and garden structures
- Andrea Ridout and Dan Lepinski – conducting a home energy audit
- Carrie Ross-Stone – building from trash
- Wanda Urbanska – living simply
- Dorothy Williams-Neagle – understanding LEED standards
The Mother Earth News Fair will offer more than 200 sessions on green building and remodeling, DIY projects, renewable energy, homesteading, green transportation, organic gardening, real food, natural health, small-scale livestock and related topics.
Attendees also can take part in vendor, livestock and craft demonstrations; a green shopping pavilion; a seed swap; artisan food tastings; children’s projects; live music; and local and organic food offerings.
Tickets cost $15 for a one-day adult pass or $25 for both days. Children 17 and under are free. To order, go to http://tickets.7springs.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=69 or call (800) 234-3368.
Call (866) 437-1300 for lodging information and reservations at Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
The Mother Earth News Fair is sponsored by Toyota, Stonyfield Farm, Polaris, Central Boiler, Long Creek Herbs, Mother Earth Resources Co-Op and My Amish Goods.
About Mother Earth News
Mother Earth News (www.MotherEarthNews.com) is the Original Guide to Living Wisely. Topics include organic gardening, do-it-yourself projects, cutting energy costs, using renewable energy, green home building and rural living.
About Ogden Publications Inc.
Ogden Publications Inc. (www.OgdenPubs.com) is the leading information resource serving the sustainable living, rural lifestyle, farm memorabilia and classic motorcycle communities. Key brands include Mother Earth News, Natural Home, Utne Reader, Capper’s and Grit. Ogden Publications also provides insurance and financial services through its Capper’s Insurance Service division.
About Seven-Star Inc.
Seven-Star Inc. (www.sevenstarevents.com) is the nation’s largest full-service event company focusing exclusively on green events. Since 1999, Seven-Star has provided turnkey green event services for trade and consumer expositions, conferences, concerts and mobile tours, including the 2008 Democratic National Convention, Live Earth concert events and the Green Festivals.
About Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Seven Springs Mountain Resort (www.7springs.com), located in Seven Springs, Pa., is the perfect place for family vacations that create lifelong memories. Each year the family-friendly resort hosts more than 1 million overnight and day guests, who enjoy a vacation that includes the finest skiing, snowboarding and golf that Pennsylvania has to offer, the exhilaration of sporting clays, and the luxurious Trillium Spa.
# # #
Andrew Perkins, event manager: (785) 274-4378, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandy Ernzen, brand manager: (785) 274-4304, email@example.com, Twitter: @bernzen
FOLLOW MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR:
Updates via e-newsletter: http://www.MotherEarthNews.com/fairupdates