The latest and greatest on the many ways to move around, from electric cars and hybrid vehicles to commuter and electric bikes.
- A Guide to Cargo Bikes
- How to Choose a New Bike
- Recumbent Bicycle: A DIY, Low-Cost Project
- Ride Green With Electric Bikes and Scooters
- Shopping by Bike: Tips and Tricks for the Commuter Cyclist
- Best Fuel-Efficient Cars by Each Automaker
- Build Your Own Car That Gets 100 Miles Per Gallon: MAX
- How to Get Better Gas Mileage
- Make Your Own Gas! Alcohol Fuel Basics
- Wood Gas Truck
Building My Teardrop Trailer Camper from Scratch
Filled with practical tips that any adult bike owner can use instantly, this resource includes advice on everything from how to ease a sore butt and avoid helmet hair to choosing accessories and mounting a bike while wearing a miniskirt. This updated edition contains new and revised information about bike types, the best locks, bicycle lubricants, and new-fangled bags and carriers. An updated supplier directory and list of bicycling resources, such as websites and advocacy groups, are also included. Illustrated with step-by-step instructions on every page, this reference is an ideal companion for casual and urban riders.
Whether it's bread or bouillons, infusions or ice cream, smoked salmon or sausages, preparing French-style handmade, homemade food is satisfying and simple. This gorgeous cookbook presents 120 recipes for everything from fresh yogurts, cheeses, pastas and pickles to compotes, conserves, confit and charcuterie. With these easy artisanal techniques, even inexperienced cooks can create delicious, authentic French cuisine.
- Breads: Baguettes, brioches, white, whole wheat
- Condiments: Chutneys, compound butters, infused olive oils and vinegars, seasoned salts, ketchup, mayonnaise
- Confections: Almond cookies, cereal bars, gluten-free granola, ice creams and sorbets, muesli, spice bread
- Charcuterie: Dried ham, homemade sausage, smoked salmon, terrines
- Fresh Cheeses and Yogurts: Mascarpone, chèvre, vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt
- Jams: Apple/banana and other compotes; apricot, raspberry and strawberry preserves; caramel, chestnut cream; chocolate-based spreads; lemon curd, marmalade
- Pasta: Tagliatelle and other shapes; flavored with spinach, tomato or rosemary; fresh sauces
- Pickles and More: Dried tomatoes, stuffed peppers, marinated feta, olives, preserved vegetables
What could be more delightful than the heavenly fragrance of lavender in the garden or home? The different lavenders offer much in varied growing habits, versatility in the garden and a variety of uses when harvested.
This e-handbook describes types of lavender, growing and harvesting it and how to use it for cooking and medicinal purposes. As an added bonus, instructions for a lavender wreath, potpourri and lavender-scented candles are also included. 36 pages.
INSTANT DELIVERY ITEM: When you order this e-book* we will provide you with a link for the e-book on the confirmation page. Simply click on the link and save the file to your computer — no more waiting for delivery or paying expensive shipping and handling fees.
Mother Earth News Wiser Living E-Handbooks are packed with practical information, innovative ideas and creative projects right at your fingertips. By supporting digital products like this one you are helping save millions of trees a year. Order your downloadable PDF and start reading today!
Homesteaders, gardeners, small farmers, and outdoor living enthusiasts will love these 76 DIY projects for practical outdoor items designed to help you live more sustainably and independently. Expert woodworker Spike Carlsen offers clear, simple, fully illustrated instructions for everything from plant supports and a clothesline to a potting bench, a chicken coop, a hoop greenhouse, a cold frame, a beehive, a root cellar with storage bins, and an outdoor shower. Most of the projects are suitable for complete novices, and all use just basic tools and standard building materials.
- Width: 16'-0" Depth: 10'-0"
- 1 Full Baths
- Standard Foundation - Slab
- Building height - 11'
- Roof pitch - 5/12
- Ceiling height - 8'
- Cabana has 160 square feet
- The perfect pool companion offers a walk-in bar with open counter, an abundance of cabinetry for storage and a designated wall for a plasma TV
- A convenient bath, storage room adjacent the bar, rear pool equipment room and surrounding concrete deck has been thoughtfully planned into this design
- Complete list of materials
Mother Earth News E-Plans are packed with practical information, innovative ideas and creative projects right at your fingertips. By supporting digital products like this one you are helping save millions of trees a year. Order your downloadable PDF and start building today!
System information:8.02MB, load times may vary.
INSTANT DELIVERY ITEM: Order this e-plan and it will be delivered directly to your computer - no more waiting for delivery or paying expensive shipping and handling fees. For best results print at 100% on 11x17 paper or have the plan printed at your nearest print store.
It is your responsibility to make sure that any project you undertake is safe, effective, and legal for your situation. All Ogden Publications' plans are offered AS IS for information and entertainment purposes only. No warranties are expressed or implied. By using this information or these plans you agree to hold Ogden Publications harmless from any damages or injuries of any kind that might result from errors, omissions or other causes.
This plan was provided by HDA, Inc.